Gift shop changes??

taffy12

I just got off Dream and was very surprised to find how different the gift shop on board was compared to my last Carnival cruise two years ago. Gone were the plethora of cruise and ship-specific souvenirs, including, most troubling, t-shirts. Sure, there were a few generic cruise shirts that may or may not have mentioned Carnival, and the usual 2 for $20 t-shirt sale with shirts mentioning each of our ports went on non-stop, but I didn't see a single t-shirt that mentioned Carnival Dream, when usually, there are quite a few to choose from. In their place, the gift shop featured more generic, high-end goodies like what used to be found in other shops on board. When did this change happen? Is it fleetwide?

I seem to recall hearing some news about a change in the company that runs the retail stores on the ships. Anyone else noticed any changes, good/bad/indifferent.

As silly as it sounds, one of our favorite things to do before or after dinner is to "putz" through all the stores and look at the things we've already looked at several times before. Me and the boy like to take advantage of the cologne testers and look at the watched, mom likes to check out the jewelery. We all like to look at the clothes, toys, gadgets, etc.

Hope too much hasn't changed.

Archived