Leaving June 10, 2012 - a few questions

biebz

Can't seem to find the answers to these questions - there is a free walking tour from the Town Hall in St. George, has anyone been on it this year and can you pre-register on line? Do they still have carriage rides in St. George? Is there a mini-bus from the square that you can get to go to Tobacco Bay? And at the Dockyards, is the booth to get bus/ferry passes still near the ferry or must you purchase them somewhere else? Does anyone know when the first ferry leaves from the dockyard to St. George, I have 2 different schedules for Spring of 2012. Thanks for your help!

You can buy transportation passes or tokens at the Visitors Information Centers at either of 3 locations at the Dockyard. You already know of the one that is near the ferry dock. The other 2 are located at each of the 2 wharves and you pass by one or the other as you depart the cruise ship.

The ferry departs the Dockyard to St George in the AM at 9:45, 10:30 & 11:45; and in the PM, at 1:30, 3:00 & 5:30.

There is usually a taxi or jitney available to take you to Tobacco Bay from King's Square St George.

SBtS

Can't seem to find the answers to these questions - there is a free walking tour from the Town Hall in St. George, has anyone been on it this year and can you pre-register on line? Do they still have carriage rides in St. George? Is there a mini-bus from the square that you can get to go to Tobacco Bay? And at the Dockyards, is the booth to get bus/ferry passes still near the ferry or must you purchase them somewhere else? Does anyone know when the first ferry leaves from the dockyard to St. George, I have 2 different schedules for Spring of 2012. Thanks for your help!

Just back from Bermuda on the May 27- June 3 cruise on Summit.

Yes there is a free walking tour in St. George as well as dunking of the wench:

The ducking reenactment in King's Square takes place at 12 noon Monday through Thursday. There is a free guided walking tour departing from Town Hall at 10.30 am Monday through Thursday. Just show up - no registration necessary We took the tour on Wed. May 30, and our guide, Connie Dey, was terrific.

Still have carriage rides in St. George. We didn't take it but I will if I go back next year. However, I only saw one carriage with a woman driver. Met someone who took it and they loved it.

I believe you would have to take a taxi to Tobacco Bay if you don't want to walk.

Ferry/bus passes sold right near docks for the ships. The one page schedule showing extra lines in red (for added ferries) is for when the ships are in port. 1st ferry to St. George is 9:45.

The ferries depart Dockyard for St. George's at 9.45, 10.30 and 11.45, and depart St. George's for Dockyard at12.45, 2.30, 3.45 and 6.30.

For any additional information, contact:

Alison Outerbridge

Hamilton Visitor Information Centre

Bermuda Chamber of Commerce

email: alicatbda@yahoo.com

She can answer any question you may have. Wish I would have met her while there - she was just so helpful and answered all my questions promptly.

Have a great cruise!

Marilyn

Archived