Anti-nausea wrist bands

ILikeShips

Was wondering if you folks have any suggestions on where to purchase these wrist bands? Checked out Walmart and was told they no longer carry them. Our TA mentioned "sometimes the Atlantic waters can be a little rough". Thanks for your help!

I found them at the drug store displayed right next to the dramamine. You might also try the baby section of the store--they're recommended for pregnant moms to stave off morning sickness.

I should warn you that I found them very uncomfortable and took them off after a couple of hrs never to wear them again. There's a button that is to be positioned on the underside of your wrist. They dug a deep depression on my wrists. I am very subject to motion sickness. My experience was that Bonine was more than sufficient. The seas on our cruises, however, have been very calm so maybe my experience isn't statistically valid.

M/R

the "wrist bands" are of limited value. More effective are the "watches" which operate on a battery. I got mine at drugstore.com. they aren't cheap but are effective, according to the Queen Bee who had to use it once. Also note that once you sign up for the Drugstore website you will receive an email every day about something or other. I tried to unsubscribe but for some reason was unable to do so. I think they are called "Relief-bands"??

Marybeth uses one of the "watches". It was called a "Reliefband". Only once has it failed her (on a cruise where 1/2 of the pax and 1/3 of the crew got seasick). She got it as Sharper Image. Kind of pricey but does work for the most part. Here is a link:

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku=WS170/catid=401/pcatid=4

Hi Everyone: Thanks for all your great advice! I take 5 prescription medications so I was researching the "band" as a first choice. Will price and rethink before I finalize the decision. It is very helpful to know of other people's experiences. These boards are really supportive!

Hi Everyone: Thanks for all your great advice! I take 5 prescription medications so I was researching the "band" as a first choice. Will price and rethink before I finalize the decision. It is very helpful to know of other people's experiences. These boards are really supportive!

I used the bands in January on the Millie. I will agree that they are a bit uncomfortable-one table mate said the pain in your wrist made you forget how bad you felt! That said, I liked the fact that I could put them on only when I needed them and did not wear them all the time. Mostly at night and in the dinning room. Worked for me. Good luck!

The under $10 Sea Band (the one that digs a depression in your wrist) has never been clinically proven to work, though some people report it does. The "wristwatch" or Relief Band at $80 or so is actually FDA approved for morning sickness and nausea caused by chemotherapy. Also sold to pilots. It has always worked for me. Sharper Image is way overpriced. Go to manufacturer's website

http://www.reliefband.com/getone.html

There you will find listings of online and other retailers. One is Aeromedix.com, a pilot's resource. I got mine there, and, at that time, they offered a money-back guarantee if it didn't work for you. Their current price is $78.95. Check to see if they still have the guarantee.

Steve

I Have Used The Sea Bands On Several Cruises, And Found That They Did Work. Although They May Be Slightly Uncomfortable, I Liked The Fact That I Could Wear Them When I Wanted To, And Take Them Off When Not Necessary. I Have Not Tried The Watch, But Find The Sea Bands Effective Enough Not To Look For Another Remedy. I Believe That I Have Seen The Bands In The Pharmacy Department Of Target.

Good Luck. Enjoy Your Cruise.

I bought the cheaper bands last spring in Target. I had to get them at the Pharmacy. They really worked for me, I loved them. They didn't hurt either, at least not on me. I was so glad I got them. My Aunt has used them also, with good results.

Have a great cruise, and good luck!

Mar

Archived