Port Canaveral/Dream embarkation

taffy12

I'd like to take a minute to praise everyone that had anything to do with our embarkation on the Carnival Dream on May 26. The ship was delayed in her return to Port Canaveral because of a medical emergency on her previous cruise, not arriving in port until around noon, so we weren't able to board until 3:00 at the earliest. It could have been a difficult, stressful day but everything ran incredibly smoothly and the embarkation process was actually quicker than it usually is. From the shuttle boarding process at the Radisson Resort at the Port, expertly and efficiently run by shuttle coordinator Clark, to the crew onboard the ship, everyone worked hard to make the day easy and pleasant and we were on the ship a mere hour after leaving the hotel. The staff at the pier was hardworking and friendly, and I personally was impressed when I heard someone going around asking various people if they'd taken a break yet - every single one said no they hadn't, but that they were ok; they're entitled to their breaks, of course, but their focus was on getting us onboard as smoothly as possible. There were next to no lines at the terminal, every step of the process moved quickly, and the counter crew who checked us in was among the nicest we've encountered. All of the ship's crew was welcoming and accommodating and we were impressed to find that our room was already ready when we got onboaes. We know the crew had to work hard to turn the ship around so quickly, but it didn't show, for our vacation began seamlessly, easily, and with nothing but smiles and kindness from all encountered. Add to that the fact that Carnival was kind enough to give every passenger a $15 onboard credit - in theory so we could eat lunch on land before boarding - and I can't say enough nice things about the day and the people that made it happen.

Archived