Why I Sail with HAL !!!!!

Cristiano

Those lowlife redneck rebels, shedding their cooties on Half Moon Cay! Scofflaws, the lot of them!

Actually, the photos accompanying the article show everybody smiling and looking like they're having a good time. Surely that happens on HAL cruises, too.

Sometimes the HAL board competes with the X board for the title of Most Pretentious Twaddle posted on a single thread.

Hmmmmm....I didn't see any HAL cruises on your signature. So, what makes you a HAL expert? :p

I hesitate to say this but I think I'm qualified.

After wading though a thread on the horrors on only 3 formal nights on a 7-night crossing I think Cunard is in a class by itself.

Roy

I saw that, too. Considering I didn't dress up at all for dinner on my crossing, I'm definitely not qualified.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, the Cunard thread made me think of you in a roundabout way. The horrors of reducing formal evenings (by one night!) made me wonder if, all else being equal, an oceanliner with a relaxed freestyle-like atmosphere doing similar crossings might prove successful? Then I realized there is a similar crossing (save it's more a cruiseship than oceanliner): would I like to do the 7-night NCL Breakaway TA from Southampton at the end of April 2013? That'd be nice, provided everything else could work out. Then I wondered, is there an eastbound TA in April that'd get me there without having to fly? That's when I thought of you! Now you know your unique travel arrangements are rubbing off on the rest of us. Oh, and I haven't found anything convenient yet. Hope springs eternal.

Rita

...just makin' a li'l fun, Mysti. 'Tis true, I'm no expert on HAL, but that's not required to post on a message board. For the purposes of this thread, all that's needed is a reasonable familiarity with posting styles. No other rules are necessary.

FWIW, I'll get around to taking HAL when the right cruise appears. It's nobody's business when that'll be, unless I choose to let that be known.

Queensbury Rules say it should be a fair fight. Best to withhold HAL cruiser judgements until after you have taken a HAL cruise. Fair fighting also warns you may be seduced, Carpe diem.

This is not primarily about Kid Rock, who is mostly inoffensive.

The following is offered for your amusement-

LONDON PICYUNE - 16 MAY

CRUISE LINE RECONSIDERS CHARTERS

After a recent unfortunate cruise aboard the ms ********* Sir Neville Marriner vows "Never again!"

While the sold-out charter cruise aboard the ******** was the first for the London based Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields, Sir Neville says that "It will probably be our last, dude!". Cruise line officials say that while the damage caused by Champagne addled classical music fans was "minimal", the effect on the crew was significant, and some had to be removed to a local hospital for observation.

Officers aboard the ******* would not comment on the record, but privately said that the mosh pit that formed after the final performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons was "like something from a nightmare."

One cellist is still missing, but New Scotland Yard is "pursuing several leads."

I saw that, too. Considering I didn't dress up at all for dinner on my crossing, I'm definitely not qualified.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, the Cunard thread made me think of you in a roundabout way. The horrors of reducing formal evenings (by one night!) made me wonder if, all else being equal, an oceanliner with a relaxed freestyle-like atmosphere doing similar crossings might prove successful? Then I realized there is a similar crossing (save it's more a cruiseship than oceanliner): would I like to do the 7-night NCL Breakaway TA from Southampton at the end of April 2013? That'd be nice, provided everything else could work out. Then I wondered, is there an eastbound TA in April that'd get me there without having to fly? That's when I thought of you! Now you know your unique travel arrangements are rubbing off on the rest of us. Oh, and I haven't found anything convenient yet. Hope springs eternal.

Rita

These probably involve flying, although trains could work in lieu of either of the short flights:

4/7-20: Independence of the Seas, Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton

3/31-4/16: Ryndam, Tampa to Barcelona

BTW, you should try HAL sometime. I think you'd like their serving most all the MDR choices in the Lido.

Also BTW, I was posting on the HAL forum for over 18 months before my first modern HAL cruise.

Roy

Queensbury Rules say it should be a fair fight. Best to withhold HAL cruiser judgements until after you have taken a HAL cruise. Fair fighting also warns you may be seduced, Carpe diem.

Did you mean Carpe diem "Seize the day" or, perhaps Caveat emptor "Buyer beware".

Illegitimi non carborundum..... ;)

Archived