Thanks CC experts for all your help!!

cruzers j&n

Just wanted to thank all who have shared their insights and helped us tremendously with our cruise planning. We had a wonderful time on our recent cruise on the Marina, met some lovely people (CC members, of course!) and enjoyed Oceania (despite a big Oceania oversight which hopefully has since been resolved).

I posted a review, hopefully the link will work:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103413

Hope the review is helpful for those that are planning on sailing w/Oceania.

Just wanted to thank all who have shared their insights and helped us tremendously with our cruise planning. We had a wonderful time on our recent cruise on the Marina, met some lovely people (CC members, of course!) and enjoyed Oceania (despite a big Oceania oversight which hopefully has since been resolved).

I posted a review, hopefully the link will work:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryIew. I fo

Happy you confirmed my own observations that view from C would look directly down onto orange covered tenders if standing at window. However, this category is uaually waitlisted. For me the extra few $ for B4 is well worth t he money.:cool:

I enjoyed reading your review - it sounds as though you had a great time.

Thank you for taking the time to write it.

PS We were on a very similar itinerary in 2011 and visiting Eze & St. Paul de Vence was truly special (we too were just dropped off)

Have you had any response from Oceania management? That error was indeed a big one- & many will read about it.

I agree. I have to admit that is a big concern. I can understand maybe 1 number not working, but not both. I'd also like to know how Oceania Management handled it.

I did hear from my TA, who forwarded me Oceania's response....basically it was the standard 'we regret their difficulty and we'll forward concern to appropriate personnel' response, nothing more. The rep at the excursion desk, however, was utterly embarrassed that BOTH emergency numbers failed and couldn't believe how such a thing could happen. This is no minor error.

I certainly hope Oceania tests out all their 'emergency' numbers listed on their newsletters and now ALSO include a number for the actual ship. If not, passengers should ask for this before disembarking. At least I know that's what we'll be doing from now on!!

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Enjoyed reading about some places we haven't traveled yet. Glad your problem wasn't too serious. What a scary thing not to be able to get through on emergency numbers.

Archived