Traveler's Checks - What is Carnival's policy?

I have used them as payment on S&S cards before the end of the cruise, but I had originally gave them a credit card for deposit. They will cash them with no fee. I always use AmEx travelers checks but would guess they would accept any other reputable kind

On the S&S form in the document package, I sign and initial it and have everyone in my party sign it and then where the credit card info goes I write in CASH. Once on board, after finding my cabin and dropping off the carry-on stuff, I go to the Purser's Desk and give them Traveler's Checks as deposit on the S&S Card. No problem doing it that way, and anything left over at the end of the cruise, I find a check for that amount in my cabin mail-box the last morning........I take them to the Purser's Desk and cash them before I leave the ship..............they don't make it public that they'll cash them but the do (my PVP told me about that little secret).

The Traveler's Checks from my Credit Union are Thomas Cook (I believe) and I've had no trouble cashing them anywhere. There is no fee to cash Traveler's Checks at the Purser's desk during the cruise either.................they will only cash a personal check IF you have an American Express Card.

I have used Travellers Cheques to pay off my sign and sail prior to the end of a cruise as well. Think they were visa? I had purchased them at my local bank branch.

Archived