Nice to Cannes Taxi

cavkc

We will be staying overnight at an airport hotel before travelling to Cannes to start our cruise.

Does anyone have any recommendation on who I could use to pre-book a taxi ? Any idea of cost would also be very helpful

You are talking about an approximate 20 mile taxi ride and taxis in the south of France are quite expensive. My educated guess would be a driver would want around 100 Euros. You might want to look around on the internet for a private transfer. Your other option would be to simply take the local train (there is a stop near the airport) to Cannes where you can grab a taxi to the tender pier for a few Euros. We are curious as to which cruise you are starting in Cannes since this is really an unusal embarkation port. The lack of docking and port facilities do not make this the ideal cruise port. If you are on a River Cruise starting in Cannes you might want to make sure you know exactly where they dock.

Hank

It is a Crystal Cruise leaving from Cannes on 1st August.

Not one of their 'normal' embarkation ports, but they have spilt the full itinerary into different segments (obviously wasnt selling well). We are only onboard for 5 nights but as we are from the UK it will be a relaxing long-weekend for us.

It is a Crystal Cruise leaving from Cannes on 1st August.

Not one of their 'normal' embarkation ports, but they have spilt the full itinerary into different segments (obviously wasnt selling well). We are only onboard for 5 nights but as we are from the UK it will be a relaxing long-weekend for us.

That's really interesting. Kind of unusual for a cruise line to use a tender port for embarkation. Have to wonder if the economy is having an impact on longer cruises. We recently completed a 62 day HA cruise and the ship was never close to full. They also split up a long cruise into many different segments and still could not fill the ship.

Hank

• 1 month later...
We will be staying overnight at an airport hotel before travelling to Cannes to start our cruise.

Does anyone have any recommendation on who I could use to pre-book a taxi ? Any idea of cost would also be very helpful

I AM ON THAT CRUISE WITH MY NEPHEW YOU CAN RIDE WITH US, WE ARE STAYING IN NICE BEFORE THE CRUSE AND PLAN TO HIRE A PRIVATE DRIVER AT:

http://www.nice-airport-transfer.fr

IT TAKES 30 MIN COST 80EURO

YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT HOLLYWOODJEANNE@AOL.COM

Archived