has anyone used star tours for snorkel trips in belize?

nbhwarrior

hi CC

HAR ANYONE USED STAR TOURS FOR SNORKEL TRIPS IN BELIZE? OR CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOMEONE TO DO SNORKEL/CAYE TRIPS WITH?

THANKS

Never again. We took the water taxi to Cay Caulker, found their office, then waited for 45 minutes for everyone to get organized. The outboard quit on us 4 or 5 times as we made our way out to the reef. When I asked the guide for the time he replied that he didn't have a watch.:eek: Then we nearly missed the last water taxi before the last tender to the ship. The snorkeling was pretty good. We saw some dolphins and we even swam with some stingrays, but I will find another company next time.

After your first reply, I would suggest that you look up the site for Coral Breeze Tours for their reef snorkel & optional lunch on Caye caulker. Heni & her crew do a great job on this tour which leaves from the Tourist Village & also returns you there.

We were with then on 5/02 of this year & have been going with them for about ten years & have always had a super time.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

After your first reply, I would suggest that you look up the site for Coral Breeze Tours for their reef snorkel & optional lunch on Caye caulker. Heni & her crew do a great job on this tour which leaves from the Tourist Village & also returns you there.

We were with then on 5/02 of this year & have been going with them for about ten years & have always had a super time.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

I've seen nothing but good reviews about Coral Breeze.

Is the water taxi a viable option to caye caulker e.g.on time/reliable and accessable from cruise peer

Do a search here for views on your question.

Remember, the one thing you do not want to hear when you try to board the latest water taxi back to Belize city to catch your last tender for your ship is - "we are sorry but there is NO MORE ROOM aboard here for your party.

Enjoy Belize !!

Bill in FL

Never again. We took the water taxi to Cay Caulker, found their office, then waited for 45 minutes for everyone to get organized. The outboard quit on us 4 or 5 times as we made our way out to the reef. When I asked the guide for the time he replied that he didn't have a watch.:eek: Then we nearly missed the last water taxi before the last tender to the ship. The snorkeling was pretty good. We saw some dolphins and we even swam with some stingrays, but I will find another company next time.

I have no idea of the reputation of this company vs another, but your experience does not surprise me. Look, this is Belize; a third world country. You CANNOT expect things to go smoothly. Things break down all the time, boats run late, people do not get bent out of shape in things take several hours, or days, or weeks longer than planned. The mañana attitude is prevalent. Perhaps less on the cays where there are a lot of ex-pats, but it is pervasive nonetheless.

As far as wearing watch goes, well, you are in the tropics, you don't go by some watch. You look where the sun is in the sky, and you know when you should be heading back from your dive. It is not rocket science.

I understand that this kind of lackadaisical attitude may rub you the wrong way, and I am not defending it; what I am saying is that if you are outside of the United States, then you should not expect things to work in the same way as in the United States. And that is the beauty of traveling: exposure to different cultures and views on life.

Archived