HELP! Carnival WON'T honor Early Saver reduction!!

Rachel83706

Also, Ken, keep in mind that no matter what rate she is booked at, if she did pay the amount she says (and I have no reason to question how much she paid - she would know), ALL rates qualify for a rate reduction if the price drops PRIOR to final payment due date and you're eligible for that rate.

In my opinion, if the facts are correct about how much she paid, she is entitled to a price reduction.

Understood! I was on a path to determine if maybe she was looking at a promo rate she wasn't eligible for, or maybe looking a "Guarantee".

I'm beginning to wonder about the TA also. The conference call would take care of thatquestion. Or whether she's unknowingly booked with the Group.

I'm waiting for the Final results from the OP!!!!

ken

Understood! I was on a path to determine if maybe she was looking at a promo rate she wasn't eligible for, or maybe looking a "Guarantee".

I'm beginning to wonder about the TA also. The conference call would take care of thatquestion. Or whether she's unknowingly booked with the Group.

ken

Haha, sorry, I know YOU knew about it, I guess I was putting that out there for those that maybe weren't aware of it.

My guess, after most of the facts have come to light, is that either she's not booked Early Saver like her TA has told her she is, or the TA simply doesn't want to lose that little bit of a commission.

Haha, sorry, I know YOU knew about it, I guess I was putting that out there for those that maybe weren't aware of it.

My guess, after most of the facts have come to light, is that either she's not booked Early Saver like her TA has told her she is, or the TA simply doesn't want to lose that little bit of a commission.

No problem! I'm waiting for the finale!!!

ken

For all those people who came to my defense and declared I was correct ... THANK YOU!!!!:D

For all those saying you were getting a headache ... How do you think I feel?? ;)

For those who said they are ready to pay the $57 for me, Should I give you my PayPal account??!! :p

BTW, the TA was doing me a favor! It is a group cruise ... but I wanted a cabin that was not blocked off for her. We booked it Early Saver because that was even cheaper than what I could have gotten for the "group rate" on that cabin. I AM booked ES .... and I don't think my TA is worried about commission. She is getting that with the group!!

For all those people who came to my defense and declared I was correct ... THANK YOU!!!!:D

For all those saying you were getting a headache ... How do you think I feel?? ;)

For those who said they are ready to pay the $57 for me, Should I give you my PayPal account??!! :p

Post your resolution - I suspect it will be interesting! ken

BTW, the TA was doing me a favor! It is a group cruise ... but I wanted a cabin that was not blocked off for her. We booked it Early Saver because that was even cheaper than what I could have gotten for the "group rate" on that cabin. I AM booked ES .... and I don't think my TA is worried about commission. She is getting that with the group!!

I'm hoping you get it!

I was afraid it was like a reduction I got - $40, but the taxes went up $32 since I booked, so I only got $8 less. But it sounds like you are comparing apples to apples.

Good luck!

Additionally, I just did a fake booking on the Carnival site for cabin 6277, which I verified on the deck plan as being a 9B. The cruise fare was $3058.00 plus the tax amount of $301.94, for a total of $3359.94.

Unfortunately when doing a fake booking on the Carnival site, they no longer show you the category of the room number you select. There is merely a description (Premium balcony, Extended balcony etc.). I always have the deck plan open in another window and look back and forth.

ahhhh....me bad. I see that cabin is listed as Mid Ship, not aft so that is why I didn't see it....so yeah, they owe you cash LOLOLOL...

I had a nightmare similar to this on a larger scale a few months back and learned so much from it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1567271

There is ONE OTHER POTENTIAL OPTION. Even though you did not get a group room from the block- the TA might have booked you into the group and there perhaps are points that were paid for for group perks. For example, the group I set up had a $48 charge per room that needed to be added ON TOP OF the base fare and port charges to compare to Fare Viewer. (For a $50 room credit and a shared group cocktail party).

OP, I would ask if you have any amenities associated with the group booking on your booking.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I need help. I am completely frustrated and don't know what to do. My TA is completely frustrated and has given up, so it is now on me :eek:

I am going on a group cruise in Aug. 2013 ... but the cabin I wanted was not part of the group rate, so I paid through Carnival Early Saver - with help from the TA who is charge of the group (she was doing me a favor)

The rate has now gone down $57 and my TA has sent many requests that have all been denied ... and they claim the price has not dropped even though we see on the fare checker that it has (and I have copied it)

My TA has put way too much work in arguing with them and she says if I want to pursue it I can, but she can't anymore. She is very angry over this.

She gave me the name and number of the person she was talking to. Maybe $57 doesn't seem worth it ... but it is to me. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone else been in this situation?? Any advice on how I should proceed?

-------------------------------------------------------

Not sure.. i know there is alot of info on here for you.. this is my second cruise.. im learning stuff as i go.

i booked a port hole for 399 a person for monday june 11 it dropped to 374 i submitted the claim for.. got approved. Then got a upgrade call to a higher deck. I accepted didnt pay nothing to upgrade.

Then checking yesterday the rate dropped to 349pp. i thought that i should have gotten the drop as well.. HOWEVER.. the claim form is for the current booked room not for the first booked one..

idk maybe this is your problem... ive never had issues with carnvial.. they have no reason to be a ass.. when they deny your request via email LIKE They always do... then reply back and ask them for a detailed reason.. They will give you one.. Ive done this numerous times.

hope this helps a little

There is a website (which cannot be named on here) that tracks fare changes and issues an alert via email when the price drops. The alert feature requires a subscription fee, but viewing the history of price changes is free. The history for this cruise shows that the $3058 fare is the current ES fare, and is the only ES fare amount that has ever been offered for the 9B cabin since it was first available in February of this year. So, it appears that there has been no price drop, and that is why Carnival is not approving the "change".

The TA needs to show a detailed breakdown of cruise fare, taxes & fees, and any other add-on charges that made the OPs cost $57 higher than cruise fare + taxes.

I need help. I am completely frustrated and don't know what to do. My TA is completely frustrated and has given up, so it is now on me :eek:

I am going on a group cruise in Aug. 2013 ... but the cabin I wanted was not part of the group rate, so I paid through Carnival Early Saver - with help from the TA who is charge of the group (she was doing me a favor)

The rate has now gone down $57 and my TA has sent many requests that have all been denied ... and they claim the price has not dropped even though we see on the fare checker that it has (and I have copied it)

My TA has put way too much work in arguing with them and she says if I want to pursue it I can, but she can't anymore. She is very angry over this.

She gave me the name and number of the person she was talking to. Maybe $57 doesn't seem worth it ... but it is to me. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone else been in this situation?? Any advice on how I should proceed?

Did you make the booking through Carnival yourself? Or did your TA that is booking the group cruise do the booking on her site for you? If you did the booking, you have to summit the form yourself. Could that be the problem???

There is a website (which cannot be named on here) that tracks fare changes and issues an alert via email when the price drops. The alert feature requires a subscription fee, but viewing the history of price changes is free. The history for this cruise shows that the $3058 fare is the current ES fare, and is the only ES fare amount that has ever been offered for the 9B cabin since it was first available in February of this year. So, it appears that there has been no price drop, and that is why Carnival is not approving the "change".

The TA needs to show a detailed breakdown of cruise fare, taxes & fees, and any other add-on charges that made the OPs cost $57 higher than cruise fare + taxes.

that might make sense, the TA must have charged a fee to make the difference in price... :rolleyes:

For those who wanted an update:

I'm not going to repeat everything that has been said (most people on here won't read it anyway ;) )

Here is what happened.

It is correct that I booked ES at $3114 and it is now $3058 AND it is true that the tax is still $301 which would mean a difference of $56 in my favor

BUT

I just found out there are different Early Saver fares ... because I am still attached to a group cruise (even though I chose a cabin that wasn't blocked off for the group) my rate closely matches the group rate so that I can attend their functions.

So there you have it.

I KNEW I wasn't going crazy ...

My TA didn't understand what was going on either (It is an agency that just does group travel ... like I said before, she was doing me a favor by helping me book the specific cabin I wanted)

I'm just glad it is cleared up. :D

I don't think there are different ES rates. I think what happened is the group amenities cost was apportioned among all the members of the group on top of whatever fare they booked under. Your share was $56, and as you said, that entitles you to attend the functions and receive whatever goodies come along with that.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally got an explanation you're happy with.

There are two Early Saver fares-

Rate Code: PPB

Rate Name: EARLY SAVER DEP REQ/NO REFUND

Rate Terms:

Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable.

No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date.

Price Protection: In the event you find a lower,valid rate, based on the total cabin occupancy, contact your TravelAgent or go to http://www.Carnival.com to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation.

Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

The other is PPC

PPC

Rate Name: EARLY SAVER-GROUPS/NO REF-NO AMENITIES

Rate Terms:

Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable.

No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date.

Price Protection: In the event you find a lower,valid rate, based on the total cabin occupancy, contact your TravelAgent or go to http://www.Carnival.com to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation.

Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Archived