dates are coming out soon

Just recived a call from a csr at Royal Caribbean. he called a few weeks ago to see if I needed help in booking a cruise. I told him then that I had to wait until the summer of 2006 Caribbean cruises came out. Well he called back today telling me that the dates and the prices will be out on the 11th of May. I know someone has already has posted which ships are sailing where. On the 11th you'll know the dates and the prices.

I'm assuming that they'll also be releasing the information to other destinations as well.

So now all I have to finally decide on is the eastern or southern Caribbean cruse. Leaning towards the southern route though i'd like to try a newer updated version of a Voyager ship. I've asked this before, which would you take? Any preferences?

Ron

I'm booked! I grabbed up the coveted D1 aft 9256 on the Radiance for the 9/2/06 sailing. I'm HAPPY! :D

doing the famous 1668 aft "D1" on a voyager class ship.

anyone ever book directly through Royal Carribean? If so is there aa advantage or disadvantage? What about getting a good deal? Which way to go?

Ron

I booked mine directly with RCI for now. I'll do a little price shopping and possibly change to the booking to a TA later. I've done that three times so far with no problems. I usually do my own air, transportation, etc. so I've never really used a full service TA, just internet based. If you haven't been to an area before or are not internet savvy, I think a TA would be really helpful.

If there is not a price difference, I may leave the reservation with RCI just to see how things go.

Ron, I'm hoping you made a typo in your post because 1668 is not an aft cabin. What I think you meant to type was 1688. If I am wrong and you actually booked 1668 you need to contact your TA :eek: ! My fingers are crossed that it was just a typo though ;) ! By the way, 1688 is my favorite cabin :D .

RCI prices on the WEB are not always as the best they have. Those prices don't take into consideration any promotions. You need a good Cruise Agent; they have access to all specials, and even better pricing depending on the volume they book with the cruiseline.

Ron, I'm hoping you made a typo in your post because 1668 is not an aft cabin. What I think you meant to type was 1688. If I am wrong and you actually booked 1668 you need to contact your TA :eek: ! My fingers are crossed that it was just a typo though ;) ! By the way, 1688 is my favorite cabin :D .

You're correct Bonnie, it's a typo. I won't be booking until the 11th when the prices come out, but it's most certainly 1688. You and Jimbo told me about the cabin and I booked it on the Voyager of the Seas back in August of 2003.

As stated I haven't decided the southern or eastern, but leaning on the southern and sacrificing the chance of being on Naviagotr of the Seas. What would you do?

Ron

Well, since I am already booked in cabin 1688 on Adventure of the Seas doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin, St. Thomas) I would give that one my vote ;) . I've done the Eastern itinerary a couple of times and the only ports I really like are St. Thomas and St. Maartin and those are part of the Southern itinerary too, so I would take Adventure of the Seas! My question is....if you aren't booked yet, how do you know you have cabin 1688? I know those cabins get swooped up the instant the bookings open, so you better double-check and make sure you've got it once bookings come out! The aft vultures are all out there waiting to snatch it from you :eek: ;)

Well, since I am already booked in cabin 1688 on Adventure of the Seas doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin, St. Thomas) I would give that one my vote ;) . I've done the Eastern itinerary a couple of times and the only ports I really like are St. Thomas and St. Maartin and those are part of the Southern itinerary too, so I would take Adventure of the Seas! My question is....if you aren't booked yet, how do you know you have cabin 1688? I know those cabins get swooped up the instant the bookings open, so you better double-check and make sure you've got it once bookings come out! The aft vultures are all out there waiting to snatch it from you :eek: ;)

I don't have 1688 or any cabin yet. The fellow from RCCI called me today telling me the dates will be released on the 11th. That's when I 'll make my reservations. I also have the option of 1388 too. Being that it's so early I should have no problem. I was able to book 1688 on Voyager and that was a few months after booking started. Of course people back then weren't into getting 1688 or any other aft cabin.

The only reason I wanted to do the eastern is for the extra restaurants added to the Navigator that Adventure doesn't have. In your opinion Bonnie you'd stick with Adventure and do the Southern? Also though it's been quite awhile i've been to all the places the eastern route does compared to just a few on the southern. My daughter has been to none of them.

I figured we'd go the day before and then board and take in the activities on the ship as soon as allowed. I understand that Adventure doesn't leave until 10 pm so that gives us all day aboard ship. So, in closing where is a good place to stay over in San Juan? Did well in Miami using Priceline so I figured I'd use them again.

Ron

Ron, Navigator only has one restaurant that Adventure doesn't have. So you wouldn't really be missing much. I've been to Nassau so many times that I really wouldn't look forward to going again (although I AM going again next month). I think most Eastern itineraries include Nassau. I'd just rather go somewhere new, which is why I prefer the southern itinerary. I like the decor (via photos) of Adventure better than Navigator (which is just a minor thing that would slant me more in the direction of Adventure but certainly wouldn't be a major part of my decision). It is really a win/win decision you have to make. Find out which ship you can book 1688 or 1388 and let that be your deciding factor! Let us know what you decide on the 11th! Good luck!

Thanks Bonnie for the input. I'm going to do the Southern route. Arent' there two southern itineraries? They take turns with. One going to Curacoa and Aruba, plus St Thomas and St. Marteen. The other going to St LUcia and Barbados and St Thomas and St Marteen. One only has one day at sea while the other does two. Which one are you doing Bonnie? Any reason you pikced it. Think i'd like the one that stops at St Lucia and Barbados.

Also you going the day of sailing or the night before.If I remember correctly you live in Delaware and I Jersey so we both fly out of Philly. I've seen American Air lines to San Juan for $340. What about you? As I said i'm planning on going the day before.

thanks everyone for your help. Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Ron

I am doing the Aruba/Curacao route. I selected it for three reasons...

1) My best friend went to Aruba last Summer and when she returned she said, "Bonnie, you absolutely have to get to Aruba!!!!...

2) I love sea days and the Aruba/Curacao itinerary has two of these versus the other very very busy intinerary!...

3) I have to sail on Easter week because that is the week I'm off and Aruba (as luck would have it) is the route that Adventure is taking that week ;).

We always fly in at least a day in advance. We might fly in a couple days early this time and enjoy San Juan for a full day. We will be staying at either The Caribe Hilton or Embassy Suites. I haven't decided yet.

1) My best friend went to Aruba last Summer and when she returned she said, "Bonnie, you absolutely have to get to Aruba!!!!...

2) I love sea days and the Aruba/Curacao itinerary has two of these versus the other very very busy intinerary!...

3) I have to sail on Easter week because that is the week I'm off and Aruba (as luck would have it) is the route that Adventure is taking that week ;).

We always fly in at least a day in advance. We might fly in a couple days early this time and enjoy San Juan for a full day. We will be staying at either The Caribe Hilton or Embassy Suites. I haven't decided yet.

Agree with you on the second reason. Been to Aruba, but that was back in '78 on the Fairwind.

figured i'd try Priceline again for a room and perhaps the airline ticket too.

Ron

Agree with you on the second reason. Been to Aruba, but that was back in '78 on the Fairwind. So whih week in August will depned on the itnerary of Adventure.

figured i'd try Priceline again for a room and perhaps the airline ticket too.

Ron

I forgot to mention airfare....Yes, I would most likely fly out of Philly and the rates are running around $340. I am about equal distance to BWI though and sometimes the rates are a bit lower from there. I haven't booked my airfare yet, I'm still watching ;)

Archived