Motion Sickness Watch Band

kdinkus1

:confused: I was wondering if any cruisers have tried the Motion Sickness Band that looks like a watch? Evidently, it sends electric signals to the brain to make you think you are stationery. I have tried the patch (became extremely sick and dizzy!!), pills which made me sleepy, and the grey wrist bands. Those seem to help the most although they don't match with the dress-up nights... Ha Anyway, I would just like to know if this 'watch' is worth the $100. Still have just under 7 months till our next cruise! Thanks.

My husband has been using the wrist bands that look like a watch for several years now, probably 4-5, and they work great for him. As a matter of fact, we had to replace his recently because he had used it so much. We ordered one from cvs.com for $79 which I thought was a great deal.

Like you he had problems with the patches, pills and was just miserable until we hit on the watch. He also takes ginger tablets and eats ginger cookies whenever he feels he needs to. With the watch, if he begins to feel a little shaky, he just turns it up another notch. It's made all the difference in the world to his cruise experience--now he sees the outside of the cabin!

Good luck!

Ditto to that. I've used the "Relief Band" for several years and find that it works for me. You have to be careful to put it on correctly. Also, it's not really much of a fashion statement...but neither is a green face! I lent mine to a friend who was going through chemo and was experiencing all kinds of nausea and she said it even helped with that.

:D Thanks for all the help!! I will definately buy the sea watch band now. Thanks for the tip about ordering from CVS. I will check with them and other pharmacies for the lowest price. Cruise Critic members are the BEST!!!

I've tried everything & truly believe the relief band works! Have had the dry eyes - blurred vision with the patch, find dramamine useless, never tried the "inexpensive" wrist bands - but have found the relief band to be wonderful. Have had it for 2 years & I use it for the flight too if there is turbulence. Just turn it on when you need it! As for the fashion statement - you'll find others with it - maybe we'll start a new trend ;) ;). Got mine at CVS also - best thing I've ever done. Thinking of buying my brother-in-law one for Christmas since he'll be going on his first cruise next summer!

If you buy one, get the kind that has the replaceable battery ... under $80 at CVS online.

Archived