Upper bunk help on Island Princess-1st time on Princess

sjegee1

Has anyone sailed on the island and slept in D708 on Dolphin deck??..... The travel agent is telling me it has an upper bunk, but I only see reviews that say it has an uncomfortable sofa bed. I am not sleeping in a sofa bed. I am 39, my husband is 41 and my mother is 72, so I volunteered to sleep in the upper... if it has one. Does anyone here know?

Thank you for your help!

D708 looks like a standard Mini suite with a Sofa like almost all mini suites. The sofa is a sofa bed, but only makes up to a single unlike most I have seen. Perhaps someone will respond that has slept on one.

It's a standard mini-suite for three people. I've seen very few complaints about it here on CC over the years. Even though the couch has three cushions, only two pull out into a bed. Here's what the couch looks like: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339075950.868255.jpg.81695ec1b3592bf0e22db00fd9adcb05.jpg

Thanks for the replies.... Darn I wish it was a better looking bed.... I guess I can just sleep on it and if I don't like it, close it up and sleep on the actual cushions of the sofa. I have read that it is OK for a kid, but not an adult. I definitely would not dream of letting my wonderful 70+ mom sleep on it. She suggested it and I quickly told her NO WAY! She and my hubby can sleep on the twins and I will find a way..... :) :rolleyes:

I have not used one, but my cousin did when traveling with her mother and aunt...she said it was not bad. Seemed like sleeping in the twin - which I have slept on and while not aweful are not great either. Try it out the first night, and if you find its not bad, you can always switch with your mom and have the room steward make the twins into a double for you and hubby.

Archived