Seafood soup

crusin fools

Does any one know where to get Seafood Soup? I heard it is fantastic in Bermuda...not sure if you can get it in a specific restaurant...any information would help..also would love to find a local eatery that specializes in the cuisine of the island...We will be there in September

Hi Crusin"

I believe you're thinking of Bermuda Fish Chowder.

Every restaurant has it's own recipe, and people will have their own favourites, but they all should be enhanced with a splash of Sherry Peppers (local hot sauce) and a generous measure of Gosling's Black Seal Rum (which they will bring to your table). It's good!

Have Fun!

Does any one know where to get Seafood Soup? I heard it is fantastic in Bermuda...not sure if you can get it in a specific restaurant...any information would help..also would love to find a local eatery that specializes in the cuisine of the island...We will be there in September

We're fans of the Bermuda Fish Chowder from the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton. Be sure to answer yes when they ask if you want a splash of dark rum and pepper sauce -- it's great.

Thank you for the information...will definitely try the "soup" ..

32N64W...is ther any other local eatery that we should try? I heard Dennis closed down so i wanted to bring my friends somewhere..not too touristy..have any suggestions? thanks

Hi Cruisin'

As a local, I'm not allowed to make specific recommendations.

However, you see Paul from Maryland's comment up there?

That place was the inspiration for the TV sitcom "Cheers" and is a great favourite of locals. Also, and this is just my personal opinion, it's my favourite for the Fish Chowder thing too. It's on Burnaby Street just off Front Street in Hamilton, as I'm sure plenty of other posters will tell you.

Have fun!

Hi Cruisin'

As a local, I'm not allowed to make specific recommendations.

However, you see Paul from Maryland's comment up there?

That place was the inspiration for the TV sitcom "Cheers" and is a great favourite of locals. Also, and this is just my personal opinion, it's my favourite for the Fish Chowder thing too. It's on Burnaby Street just off Front Street in Hamilton, as I'm sure plenty of other posters will tell you.

Have fun!

Thanks again for your assistance..I just love your island...This will be my 6th time there and I still haven't been able to see everything...We will be traveling with friends that have never been there ...so I want to make the most of our trip... we have tentatively scheduled HSB...Gibbs lighthouse... jet skiing for the hubbies... Swizzle Inn...St Georges...Tobacco Bay ... Rum cake factory(yum yum) but all is subjective to the group... Is there anything we should do that I didnt mention? any advise would be helpful...thanks

Archived