Constantly Buying New Cruisewear

susie8862

Absolutely! My theory goes something like this : I buy stuff half price so it ends up costing nothing. Example:

Lovely $100 bathing suit is 50% off

50% of $100 = $50

Savings = $50

So I take the $50 I saved to buy the bathing suit

Total cost = $0

Flawless!

I always buy a lot of new clothes for cruises or vacations for both DH and me. I also take some that I already have (as they still look new) and add to my list. I don't like buying cheap clothes as they fade and get old looking a lot faster than the better brands.

I always buy a lot of new clothes for cruises or vacations for both DH and me. I also take some that I already have (as they still look new) and add to my list. I don't like buying cheap clothes as they fade and get old looking a lot faster than the better brands.

I have serious issues with DH's polos fading. Usually Chaps or Gap.

What brand do you suggest? At this point I'm willing to spend more to get better quality. I don't like t-shirt thin polos either.

"Constantly Buying New Cruisewear"

And this is a problem? :)

I'd be shopping anyway; "it's for the cruise" is a great new excuse.

Lots of companies now produce stylish, lightweight clothes that are perfect for traveling. And if you can find them on sale, so much the better!

What brand do you suggest? At this point I'm willing to spend more to get better quality. I don't like t-shirt thin polos either.

For the polo's, try buying the golf ones instead of the 100% cotton ones. They wick away the sweat & are cooler and pack nicely. My husband has a couple of Nike ones.

As for button shirts, jeans, etc, my husband has had good luck with LL Bean. 100% money back guaranteeand now they have free shipping.

My DH has quite a lot of GAP polos. They sure last. Same with Ralph Lauren clothes. I don't think they ever fade or wear out. To me it is worth it to buy those brands. I have some Liz Claiborne T-Shirts that are old as can be and yet they look brand new and the white ones are white as driven snow. I do wash everything in cold water. I have tried cheaper brands and it doesn't work out for me as I would be at the Mall shopping constantly. Going on my upcoming cruise, I really could have packed what I had and they would have looked like new, but I still like to buy some new clothes anyway when I go on vacation. I guess it is a mind thing.

Guilty as charged! I cannot take cruise photos in clothes I wore on another cruise or trip. The whole family pretty much gets a make over with the exception of footwear and maybe pants. That is half the fun of travel (for me). After the cruise the clothes can be used for whatever. :D

I buy new clothes for every cruise.

I love to shop and a cruise is just another excuse to do so. Sometimes I'll mix in some older items but I would say 80% of what's packed is new. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Maybe 75% for DH & me in new clothes.

Oh my, I'm always bying new "Hawaiian" shirts for myself - I bet I've bought 20 or more this year and I'm on an 8 day cruise in a week! But I've been celebrating as I've joined a gym (For 25 years I only drove past gyms, now I'm going TO one regularly!) and have lost over 490 pounds so I really needed to get new clothes. The wife, however, has only bought one new outfit. Course that could be the kiss of death as she went to the grocery store 4 hours ago and hasn't returned - I suspect the grocery store is the last place she's going today. I'm just glad she pays all the bills so I never have to see the credit card statements.

490 pounds?? Am I reading that right?? Wow :eek:

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. You absolutely deserve an entire new wardrobe.

I'm a thrift store person myself, and I've built up quite a collection of capris and whatnot. I'm actually wearing a set that's navy blue with little white anchors. I honestly don't know if they're daywear or nighttime clothing, they're so comfy.

In any case, I just can't see myself spending a lot of money on something I'd wear only once or twice. I'm in in for the long haul!

Absolutely! My theory goes something like this : I buy stuff half price so it ends up costing nothing. Example:

Lovely $100 bathing suit is 50% off

50% of $100 = $50

Savings = $50

So I take the $50 I saved to buy the bathing suit

Total cost = $0

Flawless!

Frickin' AWESOME theory. I love it. Can't believe I never thought of it.

Archived