Sugar substitutes question

grmmybtty

We will be on our first Oceania Cruise on the Marina this November. This board has been a great source of information. I have searched, but am unable to find any mention of what type of sugar substitutes are available in Baristas or Terrace Cafe. Can anyone help?

Pink, yellow, blue and Truvia are available almost everywhere. I don't drink coffee so I forget what the pink, yellow and blue brands are, but I know they're all there because I searched each sugar container for the Truvia for Betsy. The only place that did not have Truvia at first was Martinis Bar, where Betsy often ordered specialty coffee (the alcoholic kind) and wanted sweetener. That was quickly rectified and Truvia was available there the rest of the cruise. There's also raw sugar in addition to white, but you asked about substitutes.

Don, pink is Sweet and Low, blue is Equal, and yellow is Splenda. Having grown up on Sweet and Low, I have gotten used to it-also it dissolves better than the others in iced tea. I have never heard of Truvia- guess I will have to try it on my next cruise. Some people know their wines, I know my artifical sweeteners - although I never hear the debates about these like I do about Coke vs Pepsi.

Don, pink is Sweet and Low, blue is Equal, and yellow is Splenda. Having grown up on Sweet and Low, I have gotten used to it-also it dissolves better than the others in iced tea. I have never heard of Truvia- guess I will have to try it on my next cruise. Some people know their wines, I know my artifical sweeteners - although I never hear the debates about these like I do about Coke vs Pepsi.

Truvia is natural sweetener made from the stevia plant by steeping the leaves into an extract. Betsy has stevia growing in a container on our pool deck, and puts leaf into boiling water for tea -- sweetens it nicely. No chemicals, no calories, no controversey. Actually sweeter than sugar.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived