Disney Resort and Transfers to Ship Next Day

azlove2cruise

We're newbies to Disney and are sailing on the Fantasy this September and need advice regarding transportation as I'm not sure how it works. Here is what we are considering:

1 night stay at a Disney Resort (xfers from MCO to Resort complimentary)

Xfers from Disney Resort to ship - how does this work? Disney cruise folks say this is available for a fee of $70pp to the ship, and it's on the Disney bus. But resort reservations folks say they that xfers from their resorts are to the airport only where you then embark on the Disney bus. Which is it? All the way non-stop to the ship? Or must you stop at the airport? I can't figure out how to call the hotel directly to confirm. If to the airport only, then I might as well book a hotel at the airport.

1 night stay at Hyatt Regency at the airport

Xfers to ship at $70pp

1 night stay close to the port instead.

Taxi/private from airport to port hotel

taxi/shuttle from hotel to ship

What about the return from the ship to the airport? Is a taxi the best way to go or use the Disney bus?

We're newbies to Disney and are sailing on the Fantasy this September and need advice regarding transportation as I'm not sure how it works. Here is what we are considering:

1 night stay at a Disney Resort (xfers from MCO to Resort complimentary)

Xfers from Disney Resort to ship - how does this work? Disney cruise folks say this is available for a fee of $70pp to the ship, and it's on the Disney bus. But resort reservations folks say they that xfers from their resorts are to the airport only where you then embark on the Disney bus. Which is it? All the way non-stop to the ship? Or must you stop at the airport? I can't figure out how to call the hotel directly to confirm. If to the airport only, then I might as well book a hotel at the airport.

1 night stay at Hyatt Regency at the airport

Xfers to ship at $70pp

1 night stay close to the port instead.

Taxi/private from airport to port hotel

taxi/shuttle from hotel to ship

What about the return from the ship to the airport? Is a taxi the best way to go or use the Disney bus?

You book your DME transfers from airport to resort with Walt Disney Travel Co.

You book your transfers to/from DCL with DisneyCruiseLine. You can book resort to port, port to airport, or port back to resort.

We use DCL transfers from resort to port but it is the same price from resort to port, or airport to port. $35 per person each way.

We like the luggage handling service. They will pick up your checked cruise bags at 8AM the morning that you sail, and they will show up in your cabin later on that day.

The dcl cruise bus will leave your resort between 11:30AM and 12:30PM with an average port arrival time between 1:00PM and 2:00PM.

Some folks like to stay at an airport hotel the night before and get the 10AM bus to the port. This also gives you the advantage of checking in for the cruise right at the airport at the Disney Magical Express counters. Special line for cruisers.

You should pick whatever is best for your family. The cruise transfers are still $35 each way from/to port...

Thank you. I must've misunderstood the cost of the xfers. Much more reasonable at $35pp each way. The $70pp must be round trip resort to ship and ship back to the airport, then. I swear both Disney resort reservations agents said the xfers were just to the airport but it didn't make sense. So, the resort to ship and ship to airport xfers should be booked thru disneycruises not the resort. OK I'll do that. But then again your note about earlier bus departure from the airport hotel is tempting. Is the bus from the hotel the Disney bus? Is this the magical express? Is it more comfortable than a town car/taxi? What are the pros and cons of using the Disney bus itself? It's just DH and me...no kids.

Thank you. I must've misunderstood the cost of the xfers. Much more reasonable at $35pp each way. The $70pp must be round trip resort to ship and ship back to the airport, then. I swear both Disney resort reservations agents said the xfers were just to the airport but it didn't make sense. So, the resort to ship and ship to airport xfers should be booked thru disneycruises not the resort. OK I'll do that. But then again your note about earlier bus departure from the airport hotel is tempting. Is the bus from the hotel the Disney bus? Is this the magical express? Is it more comfortable than a town car/taxi? What are the pros and cons of using the Disney bus itself? It's just DH and me...no kids.

Magical Express is the complimentary service that runs from the airport to the WDW resorts and back.

DCL transfers cost $35 per person/each way, as PP noted. DCL transfers run from WDW resorts to port; airport to port; port to WDW resorts; or port to airport, whatever transfers you want/need.

Generally, for 2 of you the DCL transfers will work out the cheapest. We prefer the bus (DCL transfer) because we don't want to have to worry about how to get to the port, parking, returning rental cars, etc.

One of the pros for using the DCL transfers is that it won't matter what port arrival time you select during your online check-in. If you use DCL transfers, you will enter the terminal when you arrive there.

:)

We used DCL transfers and loved them.

We stayed at the Hyatt IN the airport and were very pleased.

On another Disney cruise, we stayed pre-cruise at Old Key West in WDW and used the Disney transfers to the port. That was easy, too.

If you read my trip review, listed in my signature, there is a section about the Hyatt and the transportation.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

On another Disney cruise, we stayed pre-cruise at Old Key West in WDW and used the Disney transfers to the port. That was easy, too.

If you read my trip review, listed in my signature, there is a section about the Hyatt and the transportation.

And ALOT more! Thank you, thank you for the link to your post. I just finished reading it. Tons of super helpful info. You literally walked me through the airport, the Hyatt, and what to expect on the ship. Now, I'm going to get some plates or mats or something to get signatures. I didn't even know they did that nor did I know that I would want something like that. Will they sign anything? Like a football, totebag, etc.? Are there guidelines as to what they will sign?

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Amazing review....I loved the comment you heard about "Turning the aqua-duck off" priceless!

Archived