Missing cruise on profile

kelkel2

So, it seems that even though my husband has a past guest number, used it when booking our upcoming cruise and everything, he is a blue card member with 0 past cruises?

So I filled out a "missing a cruise?" form and hope they fix it. Even put in the comments his past guest number.

What I can't understand is how that got lost? What the heck is going on? Does anyone think this crap will actually get fixed? From what I understand many other people are missing cruises as well.

Be thankful you at least got in. I've been trying for two days now and the site won't let me log in. Keeps telling me that my account doesn't exist and won't let me change the login or password.

I got in in a 2 step way. First, checked my "forgot my user name" , they told me. Then checked "forgot my password". They e mailed me with a change your password form, I did, and then signed in.

Yesterday, the Carnival website was down for a long time. Now it's up but looks different and it seems to have lots of bugs. I tried logging in for my mother to check her VIFP status, but she didn't remember her password, so they were going to send her an e-mail. It took a really long time to receive it, but then the link wouldn't work. I tried again, and got the e-mail faster, but the link still didn't work.

I waited several hours and just tried again. Again, the e-mail came quickly, but the link still isn't working. It's saying the address isn't valid.

Yesterday, the Carnival website was down for a long time. Now it's up but looks different and it seems to have lots of bugs. I tried logging in for my mother to check her VIFP status, but she didn't remember her password, so they were going to send her an e-mail. It took a really long time to receive it, but then the link wouldn't work. I tried again, and got the e-mail faster, but the link still didn't work.

I waited several hours and just tried again. Again, the e-mail came quickly, but the link still isn't working. It's saying the address isn't valid.

I guess I was lucky, my e mail came in less than 5 minutes, entered my "new" password , and got "in" from the e mail they sent.

I just did the enrolling part this morning...& when I finished it told me I had no cruises & no points. :mad:. I have 10 cruises with 70-something days under my belt...and I'm, thank goodness, already platinum. I just kept doing "add-a-cruise" for all 10 of them. I had the dates for all of them, had the cabin #'s for all of them, but only the booking numbers for those since 2008.

I think it's going to take them a little time to correct the missing parts. It probably would've been easier for everyone involved if they had simply brought over all the info from my past guest # rather than assigning a new VIFP #. :cool:.

Doesn't matter though in the greater scheme of things...I still love Carnival & what it offers me.

All of my cruises were listed, but two were missing from my husband's profile. I submitted the request to add them onto his profile yesterday. Hopefully it won't take too long for them to process these requests, although I'm sure they will be inundated with them for the next few weeks.

I just checked my account and my husband's. Mine has all 6 cruises entered correctly with a total of 31 VIFP points. (My first cruise was 2004). My husband's first cruise was in 1996 and that one just says "1 Cruises" and only gives him 3 points when it was a 4 day cruise. I know the ship he was on... but I don't know the sailing date. He has a terrible memory and not a lot of personal records from that long ago, but I'm hoping he has a record somewhere of the sail date so I can update it.

Annoying that the new system didn't transfer everything over properly. Before this weekend it had the correct info!!!

And I don't like that it now tells me "44 VIFP points until Platinum" when it used to be only 4 cruises til Platinum. Oh well... I'll get there eventually. :rolleyes:

I just did the enrolling part this morning...& when I finished it told me I had no cruises & no points. :mad:. I have 10 cruises with 70-something days under my belt...and I'm, thank goodness, already platinum. I just kept doing "add-a-cruise" for all 10 of them. I had the dates for all of them, had the cabin #'s for all of them, but only the booking numbers for those since 2008.

I think it's going to take them a little time to correct the missing parts. It probably would've been easier for everyone involved if they had simply brought over all the info from my past guest # rather than assigning a new VIFP #. :cool:.

Doesn't matter though in the greater scheme of things...I still love Carnival & what it offers me.

I think this will be eaiser when the official announcement comes out tomorrow.

John Heald did post on his FB page that you do NOT enroll if you have past cruises. You need to use your current past guest number and password to log into the website. If you don't have a password, then there is an option to retrieve it. If you don't know your past guest number, there is an option to retreive that as well.

When you "enroll", you are basically saying you have never cruised with CCL before and therefore, it assigns you a new guest number with no cruise history.

I think if you "enroll" in the VIFP program but have already cruised, it will assign you a new number since you are already enrolled b/c you've already been on a cruise. This may be why it didn't recognize your previous cruises. You may have to get Carnival to merge the two accounts together now. All I did was log onto the Carnival website like I normally would, not enroll in the VIFP program, and all my info was there(previous and upcoming cruises) with the Past Guest number I've always had.

So, it seems that even though my husband has a past guest number, used it when booking our upcoming cruise and everything, he is a blue card member with 0 past cruises?

So I filled out a "missing a cruise?" form and hope they fix it. Even put in the comments his past guest number.

What I can't understand is how that got lost? What the heck is going on? Does anyone think this crap will actually get fixed? From what I understand many other people are missing cruises as well.

I just accessed my DH and my profile on the VIFP site and, although we have 5 cruises with Carnival for a total of 37 days, the site has 0 cruises recorded. So I called Carnival (I was on hold for less than two minutes!) and was told that the VIFP site is still being updated, hence, why some people's info is correct and others is not. I was assured that all info should be updated by tomorrow morning. So folks, let's not panick and get our shorts all in a knot - lol - all should be good by tomorrow. Let's give Carnival a chance to do their due diligence.

Happy cruising everyone!

mine says 0 cruises taken and have bee on 5 it has a place to put in cruises but they want dates i cant remember the years i went on these.

I have 6 past Carnival cruises totaling 40 nights/points, a past guest #, Gold status for the past 5 cruises & when I checked my info yesterday....it said I had 0 points (no CCL cruises), status as Red, and welcomed me to the wonderful world of Carnival cruising:eek: !?

I called CCL & a very nice rep told me the system was having lots of problems, had actually crashed at one point. She said not to panic & to check back in a few days. Carnival will have it all streightened out by then.

Just in case, I did go back & send Carnival an e-mail listing my 6 missed cruises (ships & dates):rolleyes: Made me feel better.

I'm going to wait a few days as suggested before I check back. Would hate to see that BIG O again.

I just tried again for the umpteenth time and again it wouldn't let me in. I tried what others have said and requested my login name. This is what it told me.

"This email address does not appear to be registered with carnival.com"

That's a bunch of bull hockey. I've been registered with them since 1999. It won't take my login or my password.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are going through all of the old records by alphabetical order. If that's the case, being a "W", I may have a long wait.

I talked to a person at 1800 Carnival yesterday..I can not access my profile even though it says I have one, I can not log into the website, I can not update my profile.. so here is what I was told... He checked my file and according to there records I am gold( which is what I am suppose to be)He updated it to include my Breeze cruise coming up in the fall, and here is the key thing.. It could be up until Thursday before the site is running right if not call the 1800 #..

I wish I had better news becasue I understand your frustrations but thats is all I have for ya..

My past guest number on the website does not match what I have been using. The website also showed zero cruise points. I called Carnival this morning and spoke to a very nice gentleman and he gave me the correct past guest number and the cruise points he shows in his computer does match my total. Now the problem is I don't know how to correct the problem on the website.

I think this will be eaiser when the official announcement comes out tomorrow.

John Heald did post on his FB page that you do NOT enroll if you have past cruises. You need to use your current past guest number and password to log into the website. If you don't have a password, then there is an option to retrieve it. If you don't know your past guest number, there is an option to retreive that as well.

When you "enroll", you are basically saying you have never cruised with CCL before and therefore, it assigns you a new guest number with no cruise history.

Oh jeez, I didn't read that....:(...my bad.

I think if you "enroll" in the VIFP program but have already cruised, it will assign you a new number since you are already enrolled b/c you've already been on a cruise. This may be why it didn't recognize your previous cruises. You may have to get Carnival to merge the two accounts together now. All I did was log onto the Carnival website like I normally would, not enroll in the VIFP program, and all my info was there(previous and upcoming cruises) with the Past Guest number I've always had.

Uh oh...I may have really screwed it up. :o. I'll check it again today & see what's up. I'll call them, if necessary, to admit my mea culpa.

I just tried again for the umpteenth time and again it wouldn't let me in. I tried what others have said and requested my login name. This is what it told me.

"This email address does not appear to be registered with carnival.com"

That's a bunch of bull hockey. I've been registered with them since 1999. It won't take my login or my password.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are going through all of the old records by alphabetical order. If that's the case, being a "W", I may have a long wait.

That's exactly what it told me also...which is exactly why I did the whole re-enrolling thingy. Arrrrrgh lol. ;).

I did the same and all my info was there.

Archived