Food on Celebrity Silhouette

KaththeTaff

As there are only two weeks before we embark, my mind has been turning to the food on board! As a result, I have a few questions that I hope can be answered here.

DH has a stomach condition that means he can't eat rich or spicy food. Well he can, but he is then usually ill afterwards. He also tries to eat little and often, usually sticking to relatively plain food.

I have read somewhere that the choices in the Oceanview Cafe in the evening are a bit limited. Can anyone give an example of what might be offered up there? Do the menu's change nightly or is it usually much the same thing?

What is breakfast like in the buffet? Is breakfast served in the MDR?

And finally, is there an always available type menu which includes less fancy dishes such as grilled chicken or just a plain steak?

I'm sure if you explain the situation to the Maitre'd when you first board they will accommodate your husbands diet and provide plain dishes in the MDR for you. In the buffet there is a huge selection of different dishes, so I am sure there will be something there for you too. Breakfast is served in the MDR but there is a more limited selection than in the buffet.

As there are only two weeks before we embark, my mind has been turning to the food on board! As a result, I have a few questions that I hope can be answered here.

DH has a stomach condition that means he can't eat rich or spicy food. Well he can, but he is then usually ill afterwards. He also tries to eat little and often, usually sticking to relatively plain food.

I have read somewhere that the choices in the Oceanview Cafe in the evening are a bit limited. Can anyone give an example of what might be offered up there? Do the menu's change nightly or is it usually much the same thing?

What is breakfast like in the buffet? Is breakfast served in the MDR?

And finally, is there an always available type menu which includes less fancy dishes such as grilled chicken or just a plain steak?

In the evenings, Oceanview will have a pizza station, a pasta station, and a few other items. The other varies slightly day to day. The MDR has an "always available" section that includes a strip steak, chicken breast, and salmon.

Breakfast at the buffet has a wide variety of breakfast foods and would include plain foods - eggs, cereals, etc. - and fancy foods - eggs Benedict. The MDR breakfast is less extensive, but still has a lot of variety.

Some other options that you might consider. The Aquaspa cafe offers healthier options at breakfast and lunch. Lunch includes grilled tuna, chicken, and salmon. Room service has a nice menu of relatively simple items but also will serve anything on the MDR menu during dinner hours.

Finally, ASK if his needs are not being met. Discuss the issues with the MDR matre' d. That's their job and they'll be happy to help. You can also ask for different food items in the buffet. If they have it, they'll find it for you.

The staff on the Silhouette will bend over backwards to meet any special requirements you have. As the other posters have said let the wait staff know wherever you are dining and they will accomodate you. The Silhouette has so many wonderful dining venues, I hope you are able to try them.

Archived