If you have been on both the Gem and the Sun....

DeRon

Hey guys, my only reference point on NCL was the Gem (and we loved it). For those who have been on both the Gem and the Sun....are we going to like the Sun??

This is for our 30th anniversary. We are 49 yrs old, and we have been on about 10 cruises. But just one NCL. I don't want to go on the Sun and be disappointed, especially for such an important trip!

Thanks!

We have been on Jewel, Pearl and Jade (same as Gem). And on the Sun. The Sun is smaller, but can still be great. Where are you going? How many days? What are your likes and dislikes about cruising?

We have been on Jewel, Pearl and Jade (same as Gem). And on the Sun. The Sun is smaller, but can still be great. Where are you going? How many days? What are your likes and dislikes about cruising?

We are going to Southern Caribbean for 11 days. We loved the Gem, but honestly we were in a suite and had all the perks. All suites and mini suites are sold out for this cruise, so we would be in a balcony. We aren't cruise snobs though..ha! We have been on many cruises...some with a tiny interior cabin.

We like beautiful ships, great service, restaurant options, great shows. Not into rock climbing walls, ice skating, etc. We like elegant, romantic, fun cruising!

I have been on the Gem twice and Sun only once, but loved the Sun, especially for the gorgeous and delicious Il Adagio and the incredible staff and crew. I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. My one and only negative comment about the Sun would be that the Teppanyaki dining option was very small.

Tracy

We have also been on both ships (Gem once and Sun twice) and have booked our third cruise on the Sun. We enjoy the smaller size and very friendly/accommodating staff. We sailed from Chile to Los Angeles -- 19 day cruise and loved every minute on the ship. The Gem is much newer and larger and also a very nice ship. We just happen to like the smaller size of the Sun. :D

We've been on both. I love the Gem and its sister ship the Jade. The Sun not so much. However, if the Sun had the itinerary I wanted/date/price, I would go on it again. We're getting ready for our third cruise on the Jade. That class size//design is just perfect for me. Big enough for amenities, new enough to still look great.

Archived