Sri Lanka

Condocat

Can anyone who has traveled to Sri Lanka tell me where the ship docked and what excusions where offered? Looking ahead to next's year's cruise!

I'm interested in visiting the Minneriya National Park for an afternoon safari but I'm sure if there is enough time, curious if Oceania offered this. I'm researching doing this on my own.

Any feedback would very appreciated!

Well, my wife is from SL and I have been many times (including this past January) but we've never visited via cruise ship. Most of the best sites require a bit of travel, so I have in fact wondered what tours would be offered when docked in Colombo.

If you want a terrific Sri Lankan meal, you might visit the Curry Leaf restaurant at the Downtown Colombo Hilton (NOT the Hilton Residences). It's mostly outdoors, with different stations so you can sample many different specialities.

Feel free to hail a tuk-tuk three-wheeler. It will cost you very little and those guys can show you around if you ask. Or arrange for an air-conditioned car to drive you around Columbo.

Archived