choosing right powder shade for my tanned face?

I was wondering if anyone had and "tried and true" methods of choosing a powder that actually MATCHES your complexion while in the store. I've got to get some new powder (the stuff I use pre-tan is too light and looks silly) and without fail, I always end up stuck with 2 or 3 compacts of powder that I can't return and don't work for me. I know I could go to a cosmetics counter at a department store, but don't want to pay the big bucks for powder I'll only wear for a couple weeks. any help? :) thanks!

I don't know if you have a CVS Drug store by you but they have a return policy on makeup. You can take it back for a refund if you don't like it once you get it home. I have returned stuff once or twice and had no problems.

Donna

I don't know why you need powder on a tanned face, I think a bit of a tan on a bare face looks great. Are you just trying to reduce shine? I would probably use a translucent powder and not try to cover anything.

You can return at Target. I bought a lipstick recently that I thought looked good, but on it was horrible. They took it back, and marked it as "defective" because it was opened. Good luck.

Esther

Cornsilk makes a great translucent loose powder. You can get it at either Walgreens or CVS (I think it's Walgreens). I tan very easily in the summer and fade quickly in the winter and it works all year long for me.

Janelle

I have oily skin so I mix baby powder and a bronze pigment. The pigment is very rich and very dark so I can blend it accordingly.

The baby powder absorbs the excess oil on my face. Because my forehead is dry, I use a thick moisturizer on it, Nivea Creme in the tub, and then do a light dusting. I also avoid my eye area.

Go with a rice powder unless you are looking for coverage. Also, a bit of shine on the skin makes it look healthier and younger. Just powder your nose and go. Buying cosmetics at a drug store is really so hit and miss, you are better off going someplace where you can try stuff on and talk to someone who knows the products. For a good rice powder try MAC's blot powder in medium.

Archived