excursions & the weather

what's the plan if the weather is crappy and we have a beach/outdoor excursion planned? I'm envisioning us as an army of "drowned-looking rats" being marched from the ship to the excursion boats.:p we're doing Yellowbird/beach (through Carnival) in Nassau and the "See & Sea" in St. Martin (through Carnival). I didn't know if they gave you an option of bowing out (with a refund) or it's one of those "pray for good weather, or you'll be out the cost of the excursion" kind of things.

thanks!

but it so happens that of the other 3 people I'm going with (DH and another couple), none of us has cruised before and I'm the only one motivated enough to do the "leg work". therefore, if there's a question while we're aboard, all eyes are on me to have atleast a vague answer, or have the ability to point us in the right direction to find the answer.

I guess it's not a big secret anymore that I'm a worrier by nature, huh Liv? :o

Whats happened in the past for us was that we had some water activity based excursions purchased that was cancelled due to weather the day before we pulled into port.

Carnival left us a note in our room informing us of the cancelled excursion, let us know that the charges on the S&S had been removed and let us know which excursions still had availability.

We had plenty of time to book another excursion.

but it so happens that of the other 3 people I'm going with (DH and another couple), none of us has cruised before and I'm the only one motivated enough to do the "leg work". therefore, if there's a question while we're aboard, all eyes are on me to have atleast a vague answer, or have the ability to point us in the right direction to find the answer.

LOL....I was only teasing you ;) I've only been on two before - one Western and one Eastern and had rain in one port each. Both downpours for 15-20 minutes and then it cleard up. I think you'll be ok.

You are smart to be doing all of this research. I had never cruised before and did a ton of research on this board and other resources. Having all of this up-front knowledge made a HUGE difference in our enjoyment of the cruise. I am somewhat of a worrier as well. By thinking all of this stuff through in advance, I had nothing left to worry about by the time I stepped onto the ship and we had the best vacation ever! So this research can be very theraputic! ;)

Tony.

Archived