Just got the upsell call!

Frank12

We leave on the Spirit next week for AK. Carnival just called and offered to move us from our 8C balcony to one deck directly below us in an Ocean Suite for the low one time price of $950.00! :eek: :eek:

Told him very politely that we will pass on it!

They will keep calling people and lowering the price until someone takes it. It happened to several of us on our last roll call. Finally someone took it for $400. I don't care for their process but what can you do?

They will keep calling people and lowering the price until someone takes it. It happened to several of us on our last roll call. Finally someone took it for $400. I don't care for their process but what can you do?

What happens if the first person counters at $400? I guess that probably wouldn't work because Carnival could keep calling around and get more.

I got an offer like that for the Pride - go from an 8k extended balcony (and one of the super size ones at that) to an ocean suite for a mere $850 more. AND lose the $300 early saver OBC I had. It got almost comical on the phone - the poor guy tried to sell me on VIP embarkation (umm... already platinum) then the much bigger balcony (nope - actually smaller since I had one of those rare triple size ones booked.) Then he tried on the bathtub. To top it all off, I could have upgraded myself for around $600 based on the website prices. LOL

I got an offer like that for the Pride - go from an 8k extended balcony (and one of the super size ones at that) to an ocean suite for a mere $850 more. AND lose the $300 early saver OBC I had. It got almost comical on the phone - the poor guy tried to sell me on VIP embarkation (umm... already platinum) then the much bigger balcony (nope - actually smaller since I had one of those rare triple size ones booked.) Then he tried on the bathtub. To top it all off, I could have upgraded myself for around $600 based on the website prices. LOL

Sometimes I think they think we are all stupid.

WTH!!! Where is the incentive?!!!

He told me that if I were to go on the CCL website and book it, it would be $2,000.00 more than what I paid for my 8C, so it was a great deal. :cool:

He kept stressing that we would get VIP status and be among the first on the boat, so I finally let him now we were Platinum. Then he turned his focus to the large tub and extra closet space. :rolleyes:

He told me that if I were to go on the CCL website and book it, it would be $2,000.00 more than what I paid for my 8C, so it was a great deal. :cool:

He kept stressing that we would get VIP status and be among the first on the boat, so I finally let him now we were Platinum. Then he turned his focus to the large tub and extra closet space. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy I talked to. :p I mean really - $850 + losing $300 in OBC over a bathtub? The shower has gotten me clean just fine on the last 11 cruises. LOL

Yikes! I am hoping to get one of those calls, but not for $900! I was hoping more around $400. Seriously, has anyone ever countered them?

I have worked in a call center, I know how much it sucks, but I might very politely say "Jot my name down, when the price drops to XXX call me back and we can make a deal"

Archived