Quality of digital pictures

taylortroop

I've got a couple of memory cards for my camera. As there's a photo outlet on the ship (Coral Princess) I am wondering if they can lift off my pix and burn them on to a CD for me to take home?! Does anyone know - either that, or I'll be buying more memory cards and hope they don't get wiped clean by scanning at the airport (flying in from UK) !

:)

Hi-

We were on the Dawn Princess and the photo shop there offered to burn your images to a CD for less than $20.00. As I recall, they downloaded the images from your CF card (or whatever media you use), stored the pics on thier computer, and within a day, they had the CD made. I would note, that I didn't erase the CF until I got the CD back and verified the images were on there. You might want to have atleast 2 cards for this reason---if you erase the card, and something goes wrong while they are burning the images to CD, you will be out of luck. (I know it is unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to have a little insurance.)

Lots of advice, mostly good. Good luck trying to figure which is which.

Meanwhile, take some pictures at HOME at different pixel levels, and then print them. YOU decide which ones you like. Forget what any of us say.

AND, try inside and outside as the results will be very different.

Stephenandrew - thanks very much for the info - really pleased will be able to get cd's burnt onboard ship. Am about to order a new 1GB card as well seeing my digital takes movies as well (wow these new fangled things). I want to be able to treasure these memories for a lifetime (what's left of it!!!)

thanks again :)

Archived