Value for the Money

Catrin

All this talk.. has me thinking....

20 years ago this October, we celebrated our Honeymoon on the Ecstasy.... for a 7 Day Eastern Cruise. We had a "Guaranteed 4A" cabin, which we ended up in a Ocean View room with a Porthole.

I remember our cost for that cruise was a little over $1000 for the two of us. TWENTY YEARS AGO!!

Then, in 1999, we went on the Destiny, Western 7 Day for our First Balcony. Cost? About $1500.00 for the two of us.

So.... in the 20 years since '92.... and the 13 years since '99.... costs at Carnival have either remained stagnant... or even went down.

BUT>>>

So has everything we have loved in the past.

Live Bands

Captains Gala Celebrations

Midnight Buffets

The selection at the Dining Room.... used to be an EVENT, now it is just going to dinner.

SERVICE - The help tries EVEN HARDER, but that personal touch is long gone. Waiters just have TOO many tables to take care of.

SO>>

Would you rather have your cruises cost what you are paying now, and get less.... or would you PAY to still have the perks we had years ago? I know that if Carnival was to offer everything they did 20 years ago, our cruises would cost us more. That is economics. Not unlike many industries out there today.. Carnival is no different.

We know we would be willing to pay A BIT more to get back those things we really miss about cruising with Carnival.

Thoughts?

Catrin

Yes, I'm willing to pay a bit more to get a bit more...and I do that every time I cruise with another cruise line. When I just want any ol' cruise at the best price possible, I cruise with Carnival. I am happy with the way things are...there is a cruise to suit my tastes and my budget any time I want to find one, but they aren't always with Carnival.

I save up 12-15 months for an inside on Carnival, if prices go up it would mean no cruising or a cruise every 2 years. I say make the cuts, keep the price reasonable. If ya want more, choose a different line, someone's gotta be the budget line.

If you miss the better food and service and are willing to pay for it, upgrade to a better cruise line

But that's the point.... this was not a "better Cruise Line" - it was Carnival! I am very happy with Carnival.... we have never had a "Bad" cruise.. and those things I mentioned, while I miss, they do not make or break a cruise for us.

We know that Carnival's business model - providing the most affordable cruise out there - is only possible, because they have kept their costs down. They have remained the #1 Cruiseline out there.. and they are the smart ones. But I often wonder if they are selling themselves short - because their loyal clientelle would pay more for more.

I could try another cruiseline yes.... but I guess I enjoy being loyal.

Archived