scuba girl...question re: water taxi

SLPloves2cruise

Were scheduled to be in Nassau from 1-7 later next month. We were considering taking the water taxi as transportation to see Atlantis and check out cabbage beach near there.from I haven't been able to find a lot of info ab the water taxi. We liked the idea of sight seeing on the water on our way there. Possibly take a cab back.

Is this feasible? How close does the water taxi stop off to cabbage beach? Any advice/ pointers? Thank u so much. Your opinions and advice have been very helpful!!

Were scheduled to be in Nassau from 1-7 later next month. We were considering taking the water taxi as transportation to see Atlantis and check out cabbage beach near there.from I haven't been able to find a lot of info ab the water taxi. We liked the idea of sight seeing on the water on our way there. Possibly take a cab back.

Is this feasible? How close does the water taxi stop off to cabbage beach? Any advice/ pointers? Thank u so much. Your opinions and advice have been very helpful!!

Water taxi's run daily from 9am-6pm.. and cost $4. The leave the wharf every 30 minutes. (which means that you could wait 30 minutes til your next boat..this matters to some.. others... not so much). They fill up most trips...

It docks under the bridge next to Harbourside. About 2 1/2 blocks from Atlantis and a 10 minute walk to Cabbage Beach. If you're not in a rush and want to get a little taste of bahamian culture.. this is the way to go.

Onboard, there's a tour guide who gives you the lay of the land. He asks for a tip. A dollar or two would be fine. Again... some find this horrifying... and feel put upon... it's up to you.

I take these ferries back and forth several times a week.. they can be quite amusing.

• 1 month later...

I will tell you - we took the water taxi about 2 months ago. They PACK you in like sardines!! Waited forever to get going and then the "tour guide" yelled at the top of his lungs all the way there. It was horrible and disgusting. It costs about the same as a cab to get there and a cab will take you right away and not pack in 2x as many people as they should. Will never take the water taxi again! We are in nassau a lot, but from now on if we go to Paradise Island, we will take a cab.

I will tell you - we took the water taxi about 2 months ago. They PACK you in like sardines!! Waited forever to get going and then the "tour guide" yelled at the top of his lungs all the way there. It was horrible and disgusting. It costs about the same as a cab to get there and a cab will take you right away and not pack in 2x as many people as they should. Will never take the water taxi again! We are in nassau a lot, but from now on if we go to Paradise Island, we will take a cab.

Personally, I love taking the water taxi. It's one of the only chances you get to rub elbows with real bahamians before heading to the uber commerical , ultra sanitized Atlantis.

Tour guides yell because rude riders talk while he's speaking. They do it on NYC sightseeing buses as well.

Archived