NCL Epic Mini Suite 8172. avoid if you want to sleep before 1am

wallis7219

Hello

Just a quick heads up, that if your a light sleeper you may want to avoid Mini Suite 8172 on the NCL Epic.

Each evening we had the thudding base and music from Fat Cats from 9pm to 1am:eek:

We often were not in our room until after 1 am, but as this is a 7 night med' cruise it is port intensive, and you do get fairly tired towards the end.

I just really was not expecting the music to travel up so clearly from 2 floors below us.

There is a waste pipe on this balcony running through the decks, so im just wondering if this is carrying the vibrations etc??

I did mention it to NCL and I have to say they were really good, and even offered an inside just to goto if we needed sleep away from the music any night.

Im just really surprised no one has had a similar experience and reported it before.

Thanks for the report on the room.

I think everyone is so different when it comes to sleep and times of sleep that it maybe that it never bothered anyone else (or at least a CC member). I for one and a very very light sleeper so I spend a lot of time looking at where my room is going to be. No dining venues or music venues above or below me. No pools or pool decks above me either. I just know myself and any noise could wake me.

Hello

Just a quick heads up, that if your a light sleeper you may want to avoid Mini Suite 8172 on the NCL Epic.

Each evening we had the thudding base and music from Fat Cats from 9pm to 1am:eek:

We often were not in our room until after 1 am, but as this is a 7 night med' cruise it is port intensive, and you do get fairly tired towards the end.

I just really was not expecting the music to travel up so clearly from 2 floors below us.

There is a waste pipe on this balcony running through the decks, so im just wondering if this is carrying the vibrations etc??

I did mention it to NCL and I have to say they were really good, and even offered an inside just to goto if we needed sleep away from the music any night.

Im just really surprised no one has had a similar experience and reported it before.

Thank you for posting this information. I wish more people would post things like this to keep all of us better informed.

DH and I booked a room on the Majesty a few years back, suite #901 or #903. Anyhoo, it was right in front of one of the restaurants. We figured, okay, dinner is usualy over by 9, 10 at the latest, no problem. Wrong :eek: We would often hear the staff cleaning, moving things around (usually metallic in nature) that would clang us almost out of our room. Luckily for us, we both brought ear plugs which did help some. But we learned our lesson from that. Now we always book a room/suite away from restaurants, nightclubs and elevators so that we can get the sleep we crave.

Again, thank you for posting this and I hope your next cruise is more relaxing and you get the rest you need.

Archived