Windsurf August 3 Venice to Rome

Riverroad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone else on this cruise? I know it's sold out so we can't be the only ones.

Are we with a convention of stockbrokers or something?

We are one of the two ordinary couples who are first time Windstar sailors. We arrive Venice (from MD) early afternoon on 8/2.

This will be our second cruise on the Windsurf. We are also arriving on the 2nd. We are you staying in Venice? Perhaps we can arange to travel to the ship together on the 3rd. Have you decided on any excursions or do you plan to do ports on your own since you are 2 couples?

We are staying at the Hotel Ai do Mori, which is located at S Marco, 658. We'll probably e-mail the hotel in the next few days for advice concerning our travel from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the Wind Surf. If you'd like, I will be glad to share this information.

Fropm reading the literature for the excursions as well as reviews from other travelers to the region, our tentative plans are to sign up for some excursions while bypassing others in favor of self-guided tours. For example, it seems that a guided excursion is not necessary at our first port of call (Hvar) while there are definite benefits to Dubrovnik. Having been to this city on business, I am eager to take a formal tour.

where are you staying in Venice?

Ciao :-)

We are staying at Locanda Orseolo at San Marco, Corte Zorzi 1083. The hotel has already sent us transportation info. We will either take a water taxi from the airport (very expensive) or possibly take the bus to Piazalle Roma & check our luggage at the bus station, taking just an overnight bag to the hotel. Then we could take the vaporetto to San Marco & walk to the hotel. If we don't do that, we'd be happy to share a water taxi to the pier on the 3rd with you. It would be a considerable saving but we'd have to figure out how to meet.

We haven't decided on excursons yet but are thinking of maybe taking the train from Sorrento to Pompeii & using the guides there. Just don't know how to figure out the timing yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ToniBruce,

We arrive in Venice on Aug. 2 at 9:50 am so we'll go directly to the hotel then. I was hoping we could arrange to travel together from Venice to the port on Aug. 3rd. Do you know what time we can board?

Lisa

Sorry for the delay in responding to your last message but we were out of town. If I am not mistaken, we can board the ship as early as 2:00 p.m. We can share a water taxi to the dock. Also, since we are in close proximity to your hotel, we can meet on the evening of 8/2 for either a frink and/or dinner.

Bruce

We're also going on this cruise! You will see Amy and Jack in their Disneyland attire during some part of the trip......

We arrive in Venice on 01AUG05 - staying at Duodo Palace Hotel. I had private boat transfers set up for both legs - airport to hotel and hotel to ship - didn't want to have to drag bags around anywhere!

Hope to meet some of you on board.....

AANDJW

Amy AND Jack W

Archived