Summer Cruising???

Hello Everyone!!!

My DW and I have been really wanting to get away for a week this summer and what better way than a cruise!! We usually cruise in late April to early May or around November month but this year our DS was born the beginning of April so we did not want to leave him home alone with his Grandparents until he was around 4 months old...AND I don't anticipate getting any holidays in the fall this year...

SOOOO my big concern... The heat! Do the temperatures in the Eastern and Western Caribbean become unbareable??? I know there are hot days but we are from a part of Canada where 30 degrees Celcius (86 fahrenheit) is rare... And obviously it is not intolerable because the cruiselines would not go there... but just some opinions is all we are looking for.

Thanks in advance!!

Jody

The temperature is very warm (around 90), but the killer is the humidity. It will feel like 100 to 105. If you plan on swimming it is bearable, but if you plan on touring it is miserable. Good news the ship is air conditioned. I am someone who does not like extreme heat and humidity, if you are the same way stick to the water.

Hello Everyone!!!

My DW and I have been really wanting to get away for a week this summer and what better way than a cruise!! We usually cruise in late April to early May or around November month but this year our DS was born the beginning of April so we did not want to leave him home alone with his Grandparents until he was around 4 months old...AND I don't anticipate getting any holidays in the fall this year...

SOOOO my big concern... The heat! Do the temperatures in the Eastern and Western Caribbean become unbareable??? I know there are hot days but we are from a part of Canada where 30 degrees Celcius (86 fahrenheit) is rare... And obviously it is not intolerable because the cruiselines would not go there... but just some opinions is all we are looking for.

Thanks in advance!!

Jody

The heat can be a beast. We tend go out early, come back to the ship's a/c midday, and return out again late afternoon/early evening. But another thing to consider are the ocean breezes - they can feel heavenly.

Drink lots of fluids, don't exert yourselves, and wear sunscreen!

Archived