Flights to Venice

bilty

Am looking at booking a Rcl cruise from venice in May 2013, and wondered if anyone has booked flights Independently and if so, how easy is it to get from the airport to cruise terminal, and costs please. Am currently looking at a cruise and they are quoting me approx £250 each for the flights. Any help and ideas please?

Morco Polo airport is very close to Venice island so i imagine it would be very easy to get from that airport to the island itself. However when i went to Venice we went to Treviso airport with Ryanair which is about an hour away, Ryanair have a bus service which for about 10euros took us return to the bus station on Venice island.

Im not 100% sure when the terminal is in Venice but i believe its just to the west of the bus station (others may know better) however if i am correct from both airports its not too difficult and from Marco polo looks only a matter of minutes.

Sorry can't remember the costs but we always make our own flight arrangements. We flew to Venice with B.A. from Gatwick and then took the cruise lines connections (Bus) to the Cruise terminal.

If you do a costing of Airlines by the time you add up all the extras -it usually works out more economical using B.A. You also get to take more in baggage weight than the cheaper airlines. We took 1 extra suitcase and even then it was quite reasonable if you pay in advance.

We have flown into Treviso and Marco Polo airports to join cruises on sail day , both were very easy to negotiate.

Treviso is further away but the airport transfer buses run regularly and only stop once at the train station on the mainland( Mestre?) then onto the bus station at Venice.

The airport transfer bus at Marco polo again is well sign posted.

Both buses arrive into Venice bus station at Piazzale Roma from there you can get the people mover tram to the port.

Am looking at booking a Rcl cruise from venice in May 2013, and wondered if anyone has booked flights Independently and if so, how easy is it to get from the airport to cruise terminal, and costs please. Am currently looking at a cruise and they are quoting me approx £250 each for the flights. Any help and ideas please?

Try Monarch. April fares were very reasonable. ;)

We flew to venice from Gatwick with Monarch about a month ago,I only booked the cruise and flight 13 days before we went.It was £80 which included check suitcase in,choose seats and check in and print boarding pass online ,if you don't take these option it was £50 .You can get a bus from airport to Piazzale Roma bus station for 5 Euro's.Then you can get the people mover to cruise terminal ( its like the one that goes from south to north terminal ) it cost 1 Euro. But what we did was fly in a day before cruise and stay in a hotel next to St Mark's square for £82 arrived at hotel lunch time which gave us rest of day to look round Venice.We got water bus from airport to St Mark's square for 15 Euro then next morning caught water bus which takes you right into cruise terminal for 8 Euro.I always fly in the day before cruise in case of plane delay on day of cruise.Got bus back to airport after cruise. Hope this helps :)

Archived