Just back from Celebration Ancient Wonders

Had a great time, will do a proper review when I have time.

Itinery great, staff great, food is excellent. Shows are as good as the last time we were on in Feb. A great showteam who love their work.

Our cabin (634, the same as last time) has had the refurb. Wow, it feels so much bigger now the L config has gone and a double bed is in place. Our steward was saying decks 1,2, and 3 had been done so far.

Will post a picture when I get some time.

Back to some work....

Joe.

Good to hear - just had the email to pay the balance for our cruise on 3 September.

As an aside - balance due yesterday, remind emailed yesterday at 20:51. A reply has been sent. :rolleyes:

Totally agree with the majority of your comments re the itinerary and the food and as a long time supporter of the Celebration will always enjoy ourselves on this friendly, comfortable ship. Having just left on the 11 June I took the opporrtunity to "nosey" the decks 2 and 3 to view the refurb. I did this because we always book deck 4 and the same cabin but was told by the Future Cruise desk that even though next year the Celebration is going platinum deck 4 will not be refurbed!!!!! By next year decks 1,2 and 3 will but at the moment and after my spying mission not all the cabins on deck 3 were refurbed. Some are still the old config and even some of the refurbed, which were very nice by the way, the shower areas still had old tiles!! The entertainment team compared to previous were not as good unfortunately (personal opinion of course). To summarise I was astonished that the Future cruise desk stated that we will still be paying platinum prices for non refurbed cabins on deck 4. I hope she has the wrong info. I took down the numbers of the refurbed cabins to make sure that I get one for next year. Look forward to see the refurbed lounges.

Totally agree with the majority of your comments re the itinerary and the food and as a long time supporter of the Celebration will always enjoy ourselves on this friendly, comfortable ship. Having just left on the 11 June I took the opporrtunity to "nosey" the decks 2 and 3 to view the refurb. I did this because we always book deck 4 and the same cabin but was told by the Future Cruise desk that even though next year the Celebration is going platinum deck 4 will not be refurbed!!!!! By next year decks 1,2 and 3 will but at the moment and after my spying mission not all the cabins on deck 3 were refurbed. Some are still the old config and even some of the refurbed, which were very nice by the way, the shower areas still had old tiles!! The entertainment team compared to previous were not as good unfortunately (personal opinion of course). To summarise I was astonished that the Future cruise desk stated that we will still be paying platinum prices for non refurbed cabins on deck 4. I hope she has the wrong info. I took down the numbers of the refurbed cabins to make sure that I get one for next year. Look forward to see the refurbed lounges.

Not all are being refurbished?? I would have thought they were all going to be done, especially if it's being sold as Platinum! Perhaps she means that some cabins wont be yet to have the refurbishment next year until May when it officially becomes Platinum?

Hi Gizzie4 we are going on the 25th aswell hope to see you there.

I see you live in grimsby i used to live there

ooh Doris look forward to seeing you, where abouts in gy did you live? and where do you live now?

Would like to think that you are right Sailaway487 but I wanted to book on return the Celebration for next June doing the Crimean on deck 4 with my usual cabin and I gave her a couple of days to check with whoever if it would be a refurb and that was her answer "there are no plans to refurb deck 4 but the lounges and deck 1,2 and 3 will be" I asked her if she thought that there was any common sense in me paying the same price for a cabin that was old and tired and not changing to deck 3. She said she understands but that was the info she had. Got to think she has the wrong info.

Would like to think that you are right Sailaway487 but I wanted to book on return the Celebration for next June doing the Crimean on deck 4 with my usual cabin and I gave her a couple of days to check with whoever if it would be a refurb and that was her answer "there are no plans to refurb deck 4 but the lounges and deck 1,2 and 3 will be" I asked her if she thought that there was any common sense in me paying the same price for a cabin that was old and tired and not changing to deck 3. She said she understands but that was the info she had. Got to think she has the wrong info.

I can't see how they can sell it as Platinum without all cabins having re-furbishment. It states this on their website:-

"You'll notice all the cabins on our Platinum ships have had refurbs. Expect clean-cut, contemporary designs, tea and coffee-making facilities and flatscreen TVs. You can also upgrade to a suite, which gives you more space and comes with extras like iPod docking stations."

Archived