How long for St. George's

graceb59

In planning for our cruise I'm trying to see what i should see when. Assuming we are going to see the re-enactment and do a walking tour, how long should i figure we should stay in St. George's? How far are the caves from St. Goerge's and what's the best way to get there?

Thanks

Frommer's walking tour of St George's takes about 2 hours plus any time spend inside any buildings on the tour. Will you be visiting Tobacco Bay for swimming or snorkeling? How about touring Fort St Catherine? Without visiting TB or FSC, I would allocate 3-4 hours. If you plan on lunching at a local restaurant, I would add at least another hour.

When in Bermuda, how far things are apart is important, but how much time by bus will it take to get from point A to point B is more important. King's Square, St George's to the caves is only about 4 miles but it will take 20-25 minutes to get there by bus (less by taxi).

If you are considering the taxi, I would estimate the cost to be about $15.00 for weekday travel for 1 to 4 passengers.

Which is best? Taxi leaves when you are ready to leave; bus, when scheduled, about every 15 minutes. Cost, taxi about $15.00 for 4 passengers; bus, one $4.00 token per person, but I would assume you'll be buying transportation passes. Taxi gives you door to door service; bus drops you at a close bus stop so you'll have to walk some. You'll save maybe 10 minutes by going by taxi.

Any times, costs and distances are my best estimates.

SBtS

We probably wont go to Tobacco Bay just because noone will be snorkeling. HAvent decided about the fort yet. Thanks for the tips on the taxi. It sounds like I could definately do St. George's on our last day. Ship leaves at 5:30, so an early start oof 9:00 should still get us back to the ship by 3 including the ferry ride.

Archived