Punch Line Brunch on the Magic

Cruisingzs

Does anyone know when this will start on the Magic? I'm not really excited about this. We prefer a quiet breakfast in the MDR where we can sit as a family and discuss our plans for the day. I'm not real excited to have a comedian every 15 minutes tellin us his schtick.

Will they be offereing the traditional breakfast prior to the brunch beginning at 9:00?

Does anyone know when this will start on the Magic? I'm not really excited about this. We prefer a quiet breakfast in the MDR where we can sit as a family and discuss our plans for the day. I'm not real excited to have a comedian every 15 minutes tellin us his schtick.

Will they be offereing the traditional breakfast prior to the brunch beginning at 9:00?

I am not excited about this either. I wish they'd have regular breakfast from 7-9 then the brunch after it, then everyone would-be happy. I love going o the MDR for breakfast, it's normally quiet and a time

for me and my wife to talk before our day begins.

When I called Carnival, they said it was an overwhelming success and that I could always go to the Lido. That's not a good solution. The buffet is so loud in the morning, table hogs take over and your food is cold by the time you go through all the lines. I'm just hoping it is not in place on the Magic before our July 8th departure.....

Had this on the Miracle last week.

Brunch was held in the MDR from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM. There was not a regular breakfast held in the MDR before lunch on the Miracle. This was on Sea Days only

On Port Days there was breakfast in the MDR from 7:00AM - 9:00Am and no brunch.

As far as the comedy......a comedian came out each hour on the hour for about 10 minutes. The rest of the time it was a normal dining experience.

I do not know where the comedian will be located on the Magic but if , for example, you were sitting in the aft or the side sections of the MDR on the Miracle you did not even see the comedian, could only hear him.

It is also possible to have your meal without experiencing the comedian at all if you arrived at lets say 9:15 and left at 10:00

Personally, I really enjoyed the menu and I did not find the comedy to be intrusive or annoying but rather a fun new thing. Then again I am one of the people who enjoys the singing at dinner so this is simply my personal opinion. ;)

I can certainly see why someone who likes to have breakfast in the MDR before 9:00 AM would find this change to be annoying though!

The funny thing is that we really enjoy the dancing at dinner in the MDR> I guess because we are wide awake? LOL! But apparently on the Magic they don't dance! Go figure! LOL!

They don't??!!!!

I know there are people who don't like it but honestly it was one of the things that happened on that first day of my first cruise that made cruising so different and so special and got me HOOKED.....so I still love it! I would miss it

ON THE MENU :)

CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES W/CHOCOLATE SYRUP

untitled-72040-smaller.jpg

carne y huevos*-When it comes to brunch, go big or go home. Well, you can’t go home, so you might as well go big. Dig into a filet mignon, topped with 2 fried eggs and béarnaise, grilled tomato and home fries.

Carne-y-huevos.jpg

Chicken sausage, bacon, omelet, grilled tomato, corned beef hash

OBX-Punchliner-Comedy-Brunch-4.ashx

They don't??!!!!

I know there are people who don't like it but honestly it was one of the things that happened on that first day of my first cruise that made cruising so different and so special and got me HOOKED.....so I still love it! I would miss it

Apparently on the Magic they only sing. And a few get on the tables to dance. But from what I understand, no conga lines or line dancing. My 10 year old girls will be dissapointed...

Its starts on the July 22 sailing.

And from what I understand, they do serve the traditional breakfast first, before moving to the brunch menu. I could be wrong though.

My PVP told me the ships with 2 dining rooms, one dining room will do traditional breakfast at the regular time and the other dining room will do the brunch.

I have been waiting for someone to post if this is really the case once brunch starts on more ships then Miracle and Breeze (I think?)

We to like the quiet early breakfast in the dining room to talk about our day. Hopefully this program won't last long or they decide to do traditional breakfast before brunch on the ships with only one dining room.

Archived