Food questions

Unknotted

I should know these answers because I have cruised with NCL before, but things change and I've also cruised with other lines, so I am not sure if my memory serves me well or not. We are sailing on the Dawn next year and I need to double check these things:

Do they serve juice in the buffet, and if so, what kind/s?

Is there ice cream or sherbet on the MDR menus? I think I remember sorbet...is that right?

Do they have a soft serve machine on the Dawn? Free? 24/7? Do I remember regular hard packed ice cream too?

Any other free beverages besides tea, water and coffee?

The lido grill has hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken? Or not?

Thanks for whatever answers I get.

I should know these answers because I have cruised with NCL before, but things change and I've also cruised with other lines, so I am not sure if my memory serves me well or not. We are sailing on the Dawn next year and I need to double check these things:

Do they serve juice in the buffet, and if so, what kind/s?

Is there ice cream or sherbet on the MDR menus? I think I remember sorbet...is that right?

Do they have a soft serve machine on the Dawn? Free? 24/7? Do I remember regular hard packed ice cream too?

Any other free beverages besides tea, water and coffee?

The lido grill has hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken? Or not?

Thanks for whatever answers I get.

1) of course they serve juice....Apple, O.J and Cranberry

2) The MDR does have usually both Hard ice cream and Sherbert

3) yes they have a soft serve ice cream. It is located at the back of the buffet, Starboard side. It is not open 24/7....they usually close it down around 9:00pm for cleaning.

4) no other free beverages on board.

5) The Bimini grill on the 13th deck has hambugers and Hot dogs but is only open till 5:30 pm

Thanks folks. I couldn't remember if they had lemonade or not.

Actually, they might have it. Someone who was just on the Gem posted that they had started offering lemonade within the last week or so. If that's true maybe it's accross the fleet.

Actually, they might have it. Someone who was just on the Gem posted that they had started offering lemonade within the last week or so. If that's true maybe it's accross the fleet.

That would be great. We are cruising with a family group and not all of them can drink tea or coffee. It would be so nice if they had an option other than hording juice from breakfast.

Thanks

I always bring Wyler's and Crystal Lite packets to flavor water. They are small and inexpensive. There are also some good Snapple Tea ones. That way I always have a choice.

Enjoy your cruise!

Part of the reason I asked about the drinks was because I wasn't sure whether to suggest my sister and BIL bring some crustal light...but now I think I probably should, just in case.

I was asking about the ice cream and sherbet because I like making floats using 7-up/sprite with sherbert and mixing a touch of chocolate ice cream into my coffee. There is no way it would ruin my cruise if I couldn't do those things, but I was curious. :)

Thanks so much for the info.

I was just thinking of this the other day....I always take several little packets of crystal lite with me every cruise but now that there is those little bottles of

( I think it's called) MIO drops....just shake a couple drops of it in water and ice.... and without even having to stir, its a great sugarfree drink But I was thinking it would be more convenient to carry than the little packets. Lynn:)

I was just thinking of this the other day....I always take several little packets of crystal lite with me every cruise but now that there is those little bottles of

( I think it's called) MIO drops....just shake a couple drops of it in water and ice.... and without even having to stir, its a great sugarfree drink But I was thinking it would be more convenient to carry than the little packets. Lynn:)

I haven't tried them yet, but I ought to. Who knows, they might be better and easier. Thanks.

Lemonade was available on the Star May 27th sailing.

I didn't see any on the 20th, but I'll be honest, I wasn't looking for it. Where was it? This would be really good for DH. He probably wouldn't get a soda card if there was lemonade available.

I didn't see any on the 20th, but I'll be honest, I wasn't looking for it. Where was it? This would be really good for DH. He probably wouldn't get a soda card if there was lemonade available.

I saw it with the Iced tea in the Market Cafe. I put a dash of it in my iced tea instead squeezing a lemon into it.

I saw it with the Iced tea in the Market Cafe. I put a dash of it in my iced tea instead squeezing a lemon into it.

Thanks. I was actually on from the 13th to the 20th - wow how time flies. They must have rolled it out after us, which is good new for future cruises if they keep it. I got juice several times in the morning and saw the iced tea, but never saw the lemonade.

I will definitely still get my soda card, but hubby will definitely like the lemonade option.

Archived