Thank you Carnival

Star1

With all this talk about the new program regarding past guess I checked around. I really like many of the other cruise lines loyality programs so much more than Carnival. I have only had 5 cruises with Carnival so I would need 6 seven day cruises more to get better perks. I can ust take a few cruises with other lines and get some great perks too. So I will be cruiseing different cruise lines now. I will not leave Carnival because it is so inexpensive to cruise with them. I have learned with Carnival-you get what you pay for. So I will be moving on to some ships that I have cruised on before Carnival. Has anyone besides me looked at other cruise ships loyality programs???? Sorry Carnival but I believe you made a mistake with these new guide lines for past guest.

Back to looking to book next years cruise!

With all this talk about the new program regarding past guess I checked around. I really like many of the other cruise lines loyality programs so much more than Carnival. I have only had 5 cruises with Carnival so I would need 6 seven day cruises more to get better perks. I can ust take a few cruises with other lines and get some great perks too. So I will be cruiseing different cruise lines now. I will not leave Carnival because it is so inexpensive to cruise with them. I have learned with Carnival-you get what you pay for. So I will be moving on to some ships that I have cruised on before Carnival. Has anyone besides me looked at other cruise ships loyality programs???? Sorry Carnival but I believe you made a mistake with these new guide lines for past guest.

Yep. I booked a RCCL cruise for $300 less than the same departure port and ports as Carnival.:)

I couldn't care less about the loyalty program... I love to cruise... and I have found that Carnival is more suited to me than any other line I have been on. I cruise to have a great time, period!! You people are so busy at being angry that you're just sucking the life out of any fun you might have.....

:cool: I really thought there would have been several threads over on the RCL site about people going from Carnival to RCL but there was only one thread over the weekend with maybe a dozen or so people changing cruise lines!!:rolleyes: But who knows, I hope to try RCL someday also, but not over the loyalty thing!!:rolleyes:

Yes...you can get some good deals on Royal at times.

Heck we've caught some very good deals on Princess and Celebrity too. And Celebrity is definitely a step up from both Royal and Carnival.

Let's be honest...these loyalty programs are all gimmicks anyway and folks should be good stewards of their money by shopping around.

Yes...you can get some good deals on Royal at times.

Heck we've caught some very good deals on Princess and Celebrity too. And Celebrity is definitely a step up from both Royal and Carnival.

Let's be honest...these loyalty programs are all gimmicks anyway and folks should be good stewards of their money by shopping around.

:cool: You know years ago when I was farming, we spent several thousands dollars on seed and you know what we got for being loyal? A "Green Cap"!! And every now and then a "green coat"!!:D Here 20 years later and what are those farmers getting, spending a whole lot more?? The same Ol "green cap & coat"!!:o

No. Loyalty programs have never been one of the criterias I looked at when booking a cruise and they never will be....

double post

:cool: You know years ago when I was farming, we spent several thousands dollars on seed and you know what we got for being loyal? A "Green Cap"!! And every now and then a "green coat"!!:D Here 20 years later and what are those farmers getting, spending a whole lot more?? The same Ol "green cap & coat"!!:o

With the prices on grains now farmers can afford as nice as cap as they want.:)

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out and one less person in line when my family cruises.

Now please take your whine and cheese and hit another board.

Thanks!

Why the hostility. Does it change your life in any way that not everyone feels the same way?

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out and one less person in line when my family cruises.

Now please take your whine and cheese and hit another board.

Thanks!

Stay classy my friend...LOL

I've only sailed two lines since 2000, Carnival and Holland America. HAL does seem to give more attention to past guest, but I happen to like that film we get to see on the "Fun Ships". The first ship Mardi Gras ran aground. Ted Arison sits and drinks a cup of coffee overlooking the stern.

The good news for you is that you will have a great time no matter which cruise line you sail on.

The good news for Carnival is that you are not their target audience . Their target audience are the newbies and the almost newbie. (1-4).

With 75% of the US population that has not sailed, Carnival has plenty replacement bodies to choose from.

The good news for you is that you will have a great time no matter which cruise line you sail on.

The good news for Carnival is that you are not their target audience . Their target audience are the newbies and the almost newbie. (1-4).

With 75% of the US population that has not sailed, Carnival has plenty replacement bodies to choose from.

....and it amazes ME at how many with a cruise booked have NO IDEA what cruise line they are going to cruise with!

Yep...plenty of warm bodies out there....lukewarm anyway.

I'm currently on the balcony of my penthouse suite at MGM, las Vegas 33rd floor. Saw the phantom at the Venetion tonight too.

Room cost $115 per night, got it two nights along with $65 bar/ food credit.

Enjoyed the lazy river, no chair hogging, look around and you'll see CCL isn't the bargain you think it is.

Archived