Anchorage Hilton

naplesam

Rooms can vary but I suspect you'll be fine. I prefer the Hilton's location over the Cook's, anyway. You might sign up (free) for the Hilton HHonors program and flash the card at checkin - you might get a room upgrade, who knows.

You'll be fine at the Hilton. Basically a couple of blocks from great shops, food, etc.

Though Wolfie not sure they have air conditioning. I know they don't at the Captain Cook because sometimes even in the middle of winter you too see windows open.

Susan in Anchorage :)

You'll be fine at the Hilton. Basically a couple of blocks from great shops, food, etc.

Thanks for the info. We will have a day in Anchorage before we leave on our tour. I have read these boards for ideas of what to do, but let me know what the "great shops and food" are!

Downtown we have the 5th Avenue Mall which is a lot of the stores you have Outside. Gift shops are all downtown. Want to go and try on and look at furs, David Green Master Furrier is great.

Food wise we have great local restaurants. Simon & Seaforts, Orso, Glacier Brewhouse, Snowgoose, Kodiak Cafe, Humpy's and the list goes on.

If you're here on a Saturday or Sunday, we have the Sat/Sun Market, which is an open air market at 3rd and E. Lots of local vendors including produce.

Archived