Cove Cabins a Dream

travelnut58

Just back from The Dream- 7 nt Eastern cruise. We had adjoining cove cabins (2314 & 2318) Our two teenage daughters in one and wife and I in the other. Loved being close to the water, the MDR & walkway on/off the ship.

While I believe we're easy to please, I cannot see where all the complaints come from? I walked all around our deck & ship and never found the "smell." Also, I am prone to motion sickness and did not have any issues. I took the non-drousy Dramamine and was fine. I'll admit the ship moved a bit, but no more than the Carnival Legend (only other cruise we've been on).

The food in the MDR was good but not great. Though I say not great, we ate in the MDR nearly every night (so certainly not bad). One night we ate in the Steak House....very good! The traditional Lido buffet food was just OK. However, we found the Mongolian Wok, Tandori Grll & Lanai BBQ (only on sea days) to be very good. I liked the Pasta station but was not wowed like some on here.

As for the pool, the chair hogs were out in full force but we were always able to make do. The adult serenity area is very nice but the only shower on that deck was not working so cooling off was a bit of a walk (down to pool or slide area). The slides were very fun and never had much of a wait.

We took in a few of the shows and found them to be entertaining. I/we liked the big screen by the pool and enjoyed the laser shows and outdoor movies / ball games.

All in all we give the Dream two thumbs up. The ship is very clean, the crew extremely friendly and lots of activities (some good some bad).

Hi,

We we're down the hall in 2340 & 2342, same deal. I agree with what you said, although I do miss the calypso band on Lido midships, and I guess I'm too old for the big screen. I thought it was too noisy. Anyway, we hung out on the aft pool, at or near the Sunset Bar.

Great ship, and a great cruise.

Hi,

We we're down the hall in 2340 & 2342, same deal. I agree with what you said, although I do miss the calypso band on Lido midships, and I guess I'm too old for the big screen. I thought it was too noisy. Anyway, we hung out on the aft pool, at or near the Sunset Bar.

Great ship, and a great cruise.

Jimbob....did you hear much noise from the galley above in the evenings?

Archived