Freedom Deck 2

Will I hate a cabin on deck 2, aft of Freedom? It was the last interior available for Sept 16 sailing. I can get a little motion sick but figure we don't spend a whole lot of time in cabin. Any thoughts or experiences?

Will I hate a cabin on deck 2, aft of Freedom? It was the last interior available for Sept 16 sailing. I can get a little motion sick but figure we don't spend a whole lot of time in cabin. Any thoughts or experiences?

The lower decks feel the motion the least, so that shouldn't be a concern. The biggest disadvantage to Deck 2 is that you'll have to use the stairs and/or elevator a lot more than someone who is on a higher deck. Other than that, there is nothing inferior about Deck 2. You're going to have a great time!! Don't even worry about it.

I did not stay on a lower deck on this ship, but on the Carnival Dream. This has nothing to do with the movement of the ship, but it is something I didn't think about before we got on-board.

The one thing that annoyed me about being so low was that it took forever to get to the pool and whatever they call their lunch room (equivalent to the Windjammer.)

On the other hand, it was sort of nice when you got back from ports, you could just take the stairs to your room.

But, I don't think I'd stay on a deck that low again.

We are on the same sailing and are on deck 3. With four ports..... its going to be a very easy off and on during embarkation and disembarkation....when we get back and everyone is waiting for the elevators we can walk right up to our room...its also a quick walk to the promanade and dining rooms. Sure it will take a bit longer to get to the pool and Windjammer, but we like having everything else much closer.

Come and join our roll call.

Grab the cabin and dont worry!!!! You will have a great cruise! We started out on Deck 2 but were able to upgrade to a balcony. We took a tour down on Deck 2 and it is nice down there. There is nothing wrong with being down there at all! You can think of all the money you are saving being down there too.

Many kids will be in school when you cruise, so I dont think the elevators will be bad. We cruised in August and there were kids all over the elevators. They punch all the floor buttons, etc. DH and I work with kids, so we are used to and expect all those antics.

Have fun and think about me here at my home going about my daily routine! That right there is worth an inside cabin!!!! Better than shluffing around school, groceries, cooking, dishes, jobs, homework, Drs, etc! You get the drift!:)

Not sure what you mean by "last available interior" on their website there appears to be quite a few interiors on other decks if you're not happy with deck 2.

I did not stay on a lower deck on this ship, but on the Carnival Dream. This has nothing to do with the movement of the ship, but it is something I didn't think about before we got on-board.

The one thing that annoyed me about being so low was that it took forever to get to the pool and whatever they call their lunch room (equivalent to the Windjammer.)

On the other hand, it was sort of nice when you got back from ports, you could just take the stairs to your room.

But, I don't think I'd stay on a deck that low again.

I stay on the lower decks, 2 or 3, all the time. Cabins on the lower decks are less expensive. Yes, you do have to take the elevator or a lot of stairs to get up to the pool deck which you admittedly will do daily. However, you only have one or two flights of stairs to get to the main dining room, the gang way to/from ports, the customer service desk, the first level of the theater...it's really ONLY the pool deck that is a haul. To me, unless you're going for a balcony cabin, the lower decks are great!

As for the cruiser who is forward, right under the theater, I would imagine it will be noisy at certain times. I was near Studio B once, and we could hear the ice show (muffled, but recognizable). However, the show is over early, so it was never really a problem. We ATTENDED the Quest show. If we'd wanted to go the bed early that night, it might have been an issue.

Cruisinpeg, this was the last interior stateroom with my military discount.

Oh I see...I'm sure you will be fine.. we're on the same cruise on deck 3 and I think its a great location...like I said you should join our roll call and/or sign up for the "Meet and Mingle"

We just got assigned a deck 2 inside cabin via guarantee for our cruise. I am slightly concerned, as on Enchantment, we were next to a staff hallway, and could hear a lot of staff announcements. But, we are only in the room to sleep, and the price was killer.

Has anyone had crew hallway noise from deck 2?

We were assigned a Deck 2, forward cabin (near the theater) for our oceanview guarantee. Does anyone have experience with that? Is it noisy??

As for the cruiser who is forward, right under the theater, I would imagine it will be noisy at certain times. I was near Studio B once, and we could hear the ice show (muffled, but recognizable). However, the show is over early, so it was never really a problem. We ATTENDED the Quest show. If we'd wanted to go the bed early that night, it might have been an issue.

The cabins are near the theater not under it. The passageway where the cabins are is very quiet. Don't worry EBM, it is a great location.

I am another deck 2 lover when on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. We choose that deck all the time.

Archived