Oasis of the Seas - midship v. aft for seasickness

Hi all!

I posted this in the new cruisers forum but I thought I would cross post it here since this question is specific to RCCL.

I have a Central Park view balcony midship cabin booked on deck 11 of the Oasis of the Seas for a July sailing.

If I have the opportunity to upgrade to a outside balcony cabin - but it would be aft - should I do it?

I have never cruised before because I get motion sick. I have positional vertigo. I plan on using a patch for the cruise. I am a bit terrified of getting sick!

If you were prone to motion sickness, would you give up your midship Central Park cabin and take the aft outside balcony cabin? The ship is huge and I am hoping that the size might help!

quote.gif

I am very prone to motion sickness (like, check a text message as a passenger in a car and get nauseous kind of motion sickness), and have never had a problem on these bigger ships. The movement is more side-to-side than front-to-back when you have something this big!

I take Bonine twice a day on cruises and bring dramamine as well. I can't speak to the effectiveness of the patch, but drugs hold me over and let me enjoy my cruise!

I get sea sick easily. I was on the mariner and got a room mid ship to help prevent getting sick. First night was really bad but after that night, it was fine. I was in a room with just a window overlooking the promenade and I needed air. Do you feel better with air blowing in?? The sailer trick is to look at the horizon to feel better so i bet an oceanview cabin would be great!

I get sea sick easily. I was on the mariner and got a room mid ship to help prevent getting sick. First night was really bad but after that night, it was fine. I was in a room with just a window overlooking the promenade and I needed air. Do you feel better with air blowing in?? The sailer trick is to look at the horizon to feel better so i bet an oceanview cabin would be great!

When I cruised on the Explorer in 2009 the 1st night out we had 100mph winds at sea. My doctor gave me the patch and it worked great I had a balcony on the 6th deck midship. The only time I felt seasick was the next morning in the windjammer when the ship appeared to me to still be rocking at full force. I went back and laid down and felt better in about an hour. John

I am thinking that the midship is probably the way to go for this first cruise. I don't know if I feel better with blowing air. I am so hoping I don't feel bad at all!

Archived