Fishermans Cove ?

We will be in Halifax in late September,2012 and is Fishermans Cove worth a short visit for scenery ? Our 1st time to Halifax and I am thinking this would be closer than Peggy's Cove so to spend more time in Halifax. Thank you for your opinions....

Thank you, Maryann ns for the pictures. Both places have beautiful scenery . We could go to Fishermans Cove area and probably spend more time in Halifax that way or Peggys Cove with less time in Halifax. I know Central Indiana doesn't look like either of them. LOL

We have a rental car reserved. Any other suggestions ?

Not from me. Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking you were going to take the ferry to Dartmouth and then take the bus from there to Fisherman's Cove. We aren't into renting cars and driving in other towns anymore, but if you like doing that, your plan is better.

I do think Peggy's Cove is more spectacular, but that is without crowds, so if you do go there, go early. You do not have the rock formations at Fisherman's Cove.

You should have a great time whichever you choose.

I do think Peggy's Cove is more spectacular, but that is without crowds, so if you do go there, go early. You do not have the rock formations at Fisherman's Cove.

You should have a great time whichever you choose.

Maryann ns, thank you for the info. We are on the same cruise as Novastar (you answered questions for her in another thread below). Since we don"t dock until noon I am leaning towards staying around Halifax and probably Fishermans Cove until returning rental car by 6 pm. Peggys Cove and Lunenburg can wait till another time. I think we will find plenty to do for our 1st time in Halifax.

Archived