Anytime Dining. Table for two. Pictures?

singjenn

So is this the Dream??? How often do you think they change the table numbers? I'd hate to ask for it and be sitting with 10 people when we were hoping for just the two of us...

Yes. My pictures were from the Dream.

I have no idea how often they change table numbers. But you can request the table number and then ask if it is still "that secluded table back in the corner by the stairs".

Maggie

Yes. My pictures were from the Dream.

I have no idea how often they change table numbers. But you can request the table number and then ask if it is still "that secluded table back in the corner by the stairs".

Maggie

Did you husband feel awkward with his back to everyone the whole time? I like to look at things while I'm eating. My husband might prefer the back side but I'd have to ask him.

If you request a 2 top, you will get it. Depending on how busy or crowded they are, you might wait a few minutes. We've never waited more than 5 minutes. When we have been seated w/ another couple it was weird because the other couple's meal was already underway. We found that going a little early 545 - 6:30, there was no wait at all. Around 6:45 - 7:30 is when they seemed to be the busiest.

We don't mind waiting at all. The main thing is that we just didn't want to eat too early. I feel like it cust the day off too soon and our cruise goes by too fast.

Do the waiters usually not wait until the whole table is seated before they take orders?

On Triumph, which MDR and level for ATD? Good recommendations for secluded/nicer location 2 top?

On Triumph, it's the dining room in the middle of the ship, and on the top level in the forward section. The singing and dancing waiters are on the lower level, so ATD will either miss the show, or go look over the railing at the edge.

When I did ATD on the Triumph, we were a party of 4, so I can't help with the second question. But I do know that they had a number of 4 top tables very close to 2 top tables. (Looks like they could easily be moved together to be 6 top.) Most of the time when we were eating at the 4 top, a couple was seated at the 2 top. If I was dining with just one other person, I don't think I'd like that. We couldn't help hearing everything they said. I hope someone can tell you where other tables are.

Did you husband feel awkward with his back to everyone the whole time? I like to look at things while I'm eating. My husband might prefer the back side but I'd have to ask him.

We don't mind waiting at all. The main thing is that we just didn't want to eat too early. I feel like it cust the day off too soon and our cruise goes by too fast.

Do the waiters usually not wait until the whole table is seated before they take orders?

No, the waiters took orders as they were seated, it was truly weird- having salad while they were on their main entree. But by dessert we had caught up. If you don't mind waiting a few minutes, go whenever you wish, table for 2 has never been an issue in YTD. Like I said before, we never request a table for 2, but usually get 1 anyway.

On Triumph, which MDR and level for ATD? Good recommendations for secluded/nicer location 2 top?

I am not sure about the Triumph. But on both Legend (Spirit clas) & Conquest (Conquest class duh) YTD was on upper level of MDR, I believe at the aft area dining room, whatever that's called. On both ships we usually had a 2 top at railing overlooking the lower MDR.

No, the waiters took orders as they were seated, it was truly weird- having salad while they were on their main entree. But by dessert we had caught up. If you don't mind waiting a few minutes, go whenever you wish, table for 2 has never been an issue in YTD. Like I said before, we never request a table for 2, but usually get 1 anyway.

Why don't they wait for the whole table? Before ATD they always waited for everyone unless we knew they weren't coming that night.

There are two tables for two next to the railing at the back of the dining room that are perfect. Once we were seated there we requested it every night. The way they are situated is much more private than any of the others.

There are two tables for two next to the railing at the back of the dining room that are perfect. Once we were seated there we requested it every night. The way they are situated is much more private than any of the others.

Thanks geckog! We'll scope those tables out. Going on Triumph in September.... just couldn't wait till our Magic cruise in January 2013. We were on the Triumph this past January, and we have always done traditional set dining times. Thought this was the perfect cruise to try ATD since we aren't going to plan anything...just going with the flow!

Taylor huh? We're in Georgetown! Love being within an easy drive to the port... :D

We had ATD for two weeks on the Dream - although some of the tables for two are a little close together we had nights where our neighbours ignored us (or we ignored them) and some nights where we spoke with them and some nights where it felt like it was more of a table for 4 because we talked so much. These were all our choices - even with the tables as close as they are (and there are a few that are not close to each other) you can easily not engage in conversation with your neighbours.

As well, what we found is that if you go really late (say 8:45 - 9pm), the dining room is almost empty and we were assigned a table for 4 all to ourselves.

These are some of the ones on Dream

P1070075.JPG

A lot of the tables against the rails look like booths to me, but they may have changed configuration.

Here is another shot of the main level of the Posh MDR on the Freedom. As you can see, tables for two were scattered about.

543033_10150959914234721_1405041456_n.jpg

Thanks y'all for posting the pictures!! That really helps me sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those tables on the top level are ridiculously close!!! WOW!

Archived