No shorts at night?

jasbo49

Go with HAL and enjoy your cruise in "SHORTS"!:D

Amen! :D

I LOVE HAL!

I wear shorts!

I'm from the West!

I am not a drunken, chain-smoking gambler!

I will wear a cocktail dress on formal nights!

I am in my mid 40's!

I love khakis on men!

Hyperboles are rhetorical.

I love people having fun!

I dislike people being mean, sarcastic and hurtful.

Mostly, I am very saddened to see cruisers not going with HAl due to rude or condescending comments on CC.

I take everything with a grain of salt, but most importantly, I LIVE AND LET LIVE! :D

Now... I'm off to bedazzle a pair of shorts and a moo moo!:D

We are sailing Hal this year: Last year we sailed NCL: Twice I saw a gentleman in fashionable shorts and opened toed sandles refused entry in MDR on Dawn: he tried to argue but the staff just told him he was welcomed to go upstairs to the buffet or have his dinner in his room: Once i saw him come back with slacks and closed shoes: i didn't the other time: My point being ,I think the majority try to abide by ships rules; others will challenge just because( it doesn't fit what I want: ) I wear jeans alot at home: i don't even bring them when I am crusing: Resort casul is something anybody can live with:

They don't wear those with those jackets.

Right. No shorts (lederhosen) with jackets - lederhosen are considered informal dress.

But in Bermuda, men do wear jackets with shorts, and in parts of the UK, men wear kilts (skirts) with jackets - acceptable for formal wear.

Different strokes for different folks, but I try to simplify my packing by just following the dress code, boring as that might be :)

Here I go again.

HAL has written as to what the line expects its guests to wear in its Main Dining Rooms. To those who don't like it I have three things to say.

1. If you wish to wear shorts at dinner,then you are more than welcome to eat in the Lido.

2. If that does not suit you, find another cruise line, there are some out there that alow shots at dinner in their MDR's.

3. If neither of the above suit you, but you still wih to sail with HAL, PLEASE do not act like aspoiled child to try to see what you can 'get away with' in the Main Dining Rooms.

IMO the dress code laid down by HAL is what the vast majority of its guests enjoy, even if we have to pay a little more for the privilege.

john

Just saying, our HAL cruise was quite a bit less expensive than the other options we looked at, by a couple of hundred dollars minimum.

They don't wear those with those jackets.

Oh now this I know something about! Quality Lederhosen can actually be worn with a jacket and considered proper attire for a festive yet formal occasion such as a wedding!

Maybe instead of shorts I'll wear my dirndl and my DH lederhosen.

Hmmmm... :p

Archived