8237 on Spirit to Alaska

musicgal

If we made our reservation for the Steakhouse months ago and have the confirmation will they honor the 30.00 price? We sail on 7/31/2012 to Alaska. I just want to add if they don't I will certainly pay the extra 30.00 for our family as the meal and experience are worth it to me. Just curious I have read where some ships are honoring it.

If we made our reservation for the Steakhouse months ago and have the confirmation will they honor the 30.00 price? We sail on 7/31/2012 to Alaska. I just want to add if they don't I will certainly pay the extra 30.00 for our family as the meal and experience are worth it to me. Just curious I have read where some ships are honoring it.

Hi jetsfan- Ours was honored on the Spirit- so I hope they will honor yours. Great meal!!! And you're right- it is worth an extra 5.

Wonderful review. I really enjoyed the Spirit. Glad to hear someone did something in Victoria other than stay on the ship. Our cruise did not go to Victoria instead we left from Vancouver. My DH caught a glimpse of a cabin like yours and suggested we try to get one the next time we cruise on a spirit class ship. Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks musicgal for your great review

I travelled on the spirit on the fire and ice cruise last year from Hawaii to Alaska..I had a 7b cabin but travelled without my husband and went with friends

They had a good special for the Hawaii to Sydney cruise this September so I booked cabin 8237 having had a peak at a similar cabin whilst on board

This was the last 9b cabin available so I took it even though I was a bit concerned with the noise factor... I sleep like a log but my husband doesn't but I felt the size of the room would compensate for its negatives as the cruse is 18 days with only 4 port days so lots of days at sea

He does like a nap during the day so hopefully this will make up for lack of sleep.. He normally rises at 4 am anyway so he might be having lots of early breakfasts or else he can sleep on the balcony !!!!

Smoking is a problem so I hope we are lucky

Thanks again

DIANNE :)

• 2 weeks later...

Musicgal,

Thanks for your review. We did this same cruise last July and are doing it again in 11 days (WOW). Im not as good about getting the refiew and pics. out as you are. Thanks.

Ok, since we were last on, they have done this dry dock refit thing. I here from another review that they have removed the soft serve ice cream from the back deck where Serenity is now. :mad: We NEED soft serve ice cream :D I "thought" there were some other machines near the center of that deck (this ship or another?) Did you find any?

Also, now that they have all the new "waterworks" was it up and running while you were in Alaska (personally, Im not going on it unless the temp tops 90* and then not that green monster slide.........but the kids think this would be fun)?

We are getting anxious again and about time to start packing!

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello friends- haven't been here on CC for awhile, but wanted to answer some of your last questions.

We DID have a soft serve ice cream machine towards the middle of the ship by one of the wet areas... the overhang on our balcony DID block the sun- it was Alaska for us; we did not mind.

The new splash area was working and some people braved it- even in the cold.

I know answering these questions will bump this up for a bit. I'm not on here very much anymore, so pardon me if I don't answer questions in a timely manner. Spirit has since gone down under- in a good way. Enjoy the pics:)

Did this cruise a couple of years ago with our circle of friends...fantastic time. So far, probably our favorite cruise.

But I DO have a bone to pick....you can't post that avatar pic without showing us the big picture! Awesome looking dress, from what I can see. Inquiring minds....;)

Also, what sort of musicgal are you? Singer, Musician?

On this cruise, it was our 30th and I had been learning our wedding song on piano and surprised my wife in the piano bar one night. Tom the piano player was more than accomodating.

Hi Cobra1365-

Yes- I love that dress... or shall I say, loved that dress. We downsized in November and I gave away a lot of my formal cruise dresses. Nature abhors a vacuum though, if you know what I mean:)

I was a voice major in college and play guitar and piano.

One night we closed down the piano bar on the Spirit... what fun!!!

I bet your wife was delighted that you sang to her on your anniversary-

• 4 months later...
Our group really enjoyed the Seattle Aquarium. I forgot to post this picture of my favorite little guy... he was sharing his shrimp with the other otter in his enclosure.

7407820266_9d051512b2_c.jpg

Great photo review...you looked like you were always having great fun...just wondering if your DH took offense when you said they guy in the photo was the cutest fellow on the trip. :):):):)

Archived