Blue Hole versus Dunn River

cdnwndrwmn

Depends on what you are looking for:

The falls -- you can climb them - or observe them down the pathway along side -- there is a beach at the bottom

There are vendors you cannot escape back at the exit --- just go through fast -

Blue Hole -- We were going to go there in 3 weeks --- have been watching it on tripadvisor.com the reviews seem to be sinking a little --

As long as you take a govt Taxi --- JUTA -- Red Plates --- you can go anywhere on the north coast!

go search for things on that site for things to do in Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Runaway Bay, St. Anns Parrish - depends on if you want crowds or somethiing unique ---

we favored dolphin encounter over the falls and they are near each other --- it's priceless!

Depends on what you are looking for:

The falls -- you can climb them - or observe them down the pathway along side -- there is a beach at the bottom

There are vendors you cannot escape back at the exit --- just go through fast -

Blue Hole -- We were going to go there in 3 weeks --- have been watching it on tripadvisor.com the reviews seem to be sinking a little --

As long as you take a govt Taxi --- JUTA -- Red Plates --- you can go anywhere on the north coast!

go search for things on that site for things to do in Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Runaway Bay, St. Anns Parrish - depends on if you want crowds or somethiing unique ---

we favored dolphin encounter over the falls and they are near each other --- it's priceless!

I had a question, regarding the Blue Hole, serveral yrs ago we used PeatTaylor as a guide, he was out of this world. 2yrs ago we went back and I asked to go to the Blue hole, using one of Peats guides and he did everything to avoid it!! We going back in February and I contacted a different guide he said it wasnt safe..is this true? Is this why Peat tour never took us..need your words of wisdom.

We are using our private guide -- we don't go there with a ship

we have used him 3 years -- this will be our fourth time with him

he is like a long lost friend -- and takes us anywhere and everywhere - unless he thinks it is not advisable

K e n n y S a l m o n

1- 8 7 6 384 1271

I'll post if we went!

our vacation there starts for 5 nights on Runaway Bay - July 7!

I had a question, regarding the Blue Hole, serveral yrs ago we used PeatTaylor as a guide, he was out of this world. 2yrs ago we went back and I asked to go to the Blue hole, using one of Peats guides and he did everything to avoid it!! We going back in February and I contacted a different guide he said it wasnt safe..is this true? Is this why Peat tour never took us..need your words of wisdom.

Interesting point as I was wondering why no other tour companies were going there. I have two kids and although it looks awesome - safety is our priority.

will probably do a mini-review of our land stay on these threads- because some of the beaches are within the reach of the ship possibilities

you can call kenny - tell him KimMarley from KC - wants the heads up about blue hole-- He lives far from this part - so he would not try to make a few bucks for nothing - lots of gas-- if you ask honestly if he knows, or can find out the low down about the blue hole and whether it is worth it -

we will be calling him this sat. to tell him about our airline time change

There are two Blue Holes in Jamaica. One is near Port Antonio and is more of a lagoon and one is near Negril (Between the cliffs and and Sav-la-Mar). I've heard the one near Port Antonio can be a bit rough, a hang out for some seedy types, but the one near Negril is very touristy and looks like a lot of fun. We are planning the one near Negril for our next trip there!!

Ohhhh the cliffs are the bomb!

We took a private tour of the Caves - oh those open air rooms - so romantic

but did not remember of a blue lagoon there ---

Negril a 3rd time is probably on bucket list!

Can't stay away from JA

Can't stay away from JA

Do, you have any more info for me :),please

We don't leave till July 7 and will be back July 12

you can still look at tripadvisor reviews

in the interim

or did you want info on some other part of JA ?

MY family (4) of us have done, Dunns River 2x...were going back w a group again, and 15 of them havent done the falls, the falls are fun..but how many times can you do them. I was looking for something to do w a group of 20 ppl. The blue hole is on my bucket list..lol

So if you can make any recommendations that would be awesome!!! :)

. Right now were doing the falls, in the am, then going to Dr. Cave afterwards ...then to the ship. Sounds nice, but touriesty.

Thanks for your help

Can't stay away from JA

Do a search for Blue Hole Mineral Springs Negril. It looks like fun!! Similare to a Mexican Cenote.

We are staying in Runaway bay this time - but I will look up the "other" blue hole next time for a more western stay

I talked to Kenny in JA today -- and has said he hasn't been to THE Blue Lagoon in a while - but if there were any "seedy" characters of course he would derail them as he has in the past LOL

Its still up in the air - because there are SO many cool beaches around Port Antonio - it will be a 1 full day trip to the area and back - so we want to balance relaxing with seeing where we would like to hang out some other time!

Instead of Dunns -- I would do the Dolphin Encounter - it's waaaay more cool - and in the same neighborhood!

We are staying in Runaway bay this time - but I will look up the "other" blue hole next time for a more western stay

I talked to Kenny in JA today -- and has said he hasn't been to THE Blue Lagoon in a while - but if there were any "seedy" characters of course he would derail them as he has in the past LOL

Its still up in the air - because there are SO many cool beaches around Port Antonio - it will be a 1 full day trip to the area and back - so we want to balance relaxing with seeing where we would like to hang out some other time!

Instead of Dunns -- I would do the Dolphin Encounter - it's waaaay more cool - and in the same neighborhood!

The group has already booked the dolphin encounter while were in Cozumel. So I need something for Jamaica, for a group of 20 ppl. Ages are mostly in the 20's, Im the oldest 53

:(

I just called and left a message for Kenny.. thanks

Did you talk to Kenny? Has a thick accent = harder to understand him on the phone I find!

I hope he was able to help.

KimMarley is ready to have lunch with him in JA in 7 days! He makes hubby and laugh because his laugh is hilarious!

Did you talk to Kenny? Has a thick accent = harder to understand him on the phone I find!

I hope he was able to help.

KimMarley is ready to have lunch with him in JA in 7 days! He makes hubby and laugh because his laugh is hilarious!

No, I called left a message...he didnt call back. Im going to try again in a lil bit..

I sent a inquiry Jitjal for info for my group, they sent me back a link to their web site. I sent it back stating their webpage said to contact them for info on a group and they never responded. Im not playing that game. If your not going to respond before you make the sale, I dont think their customer service would be that good. So, Im going to try Kenny one more time.

MY family (4) of us have done, Dunns River 2x...were going back w a group again, and 15 of them havent done the falls, the falls are fun..but how many times can you do them. I was looking for something to do w a group of 20 ppl. The blue hole is on my bucket list..lol

So if you can make any recommendations that would be awesome!!! :)

. Right now were doing the falls, in the am, then going to Dr. Cave afterwards ...then to the ship. Sounds nice, but touriesty.

Thanks for your help

why don't you book with a private tour, and do DRF, and a tube float and beach time. we did this...it was great. the tube float is nice and relaxing and all ages can do it. and your group can be together, and have great photos too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived