Another positive thought

Frank12

OK, there has been a lot on these boards recently about the cutbacks, the new loyalty program and the overall decline of the CCL product. I admit I’ve been right there griping and moaning with a lot of others. After thinking about it for a few weeks, I’ve decided I’m over it. Life is all about change and sometimes you just have to roll with the flow.

Tomorrow morning we fly out to Seattle, then we board the Spirit on Tuesday for 7 days in Alaska. I have decided that no matter what, I’ll be on vacation, not at work, and I’m going to have a blast. If there is no live band, I’ll be OK. I’m on vacation. If there are no chocolates on my pillow at night, I’ll be OK. If there is no farewell party, I’ll buy my own drinks on the last day.

In some ways it seems that CCL is not what it used to be, but then again a lot of things are not what they used to be. I read a recent post about how CCL caters to new cruisers to make more money and it makes perfect sense. I’m just lucky to have taken as many as I have in the past 8 years.

I’m going to Alaska and I’m going to have a blast no matter what happens on the ship. I’ve never been one to let a few minor problems or issues ruin my vacation and I’m not about to start now!

OK, there has been a lot on these boards recently about the cutbacks, the new loyalty program and the overall decline of the CCL product. I admit I’ve been right there griping and moaning with a lot of others. After thinking about it for a few weeks, I’ve decided I’m over it. Life is all about change and sometimes you just have to roll with the flow.

Tomorrow morning we fly out to Seattle, then we board the Spirit on Tuesday for 7 days in Alaska. I have decided that no matter what, I’ll be on vacation, not at work, and I’m going to have a blast. If there is no live band, I’ll be OK. I’m on vacation. If there are no chocolates on my pillow at night, I’ll be OK. If there is no farewell party, I’ll buy my own drinks on the last day.

In some ways it seems that CCL is not what it used to be, but then again a lot of things are not what they used to be. I read a recent post about how CCL caters to new cruisers to make more money and it makes perfect sense. I’m just lucky to have taken as many as I have in the past 8 years.

I’m going to Alaska and I’m going to have a blast no matter what happens on the ship. I’ve never been one to let a few minor problems or issues ruin my vacation and I’m not about to start now!

I agree. You may be lucky enough to have the live band. If the trumpet player is a big bald guy tell him Bobby and Mary from Maryland say hi. He used to play in a band with my husband, Blue Moon. He left over a month ago to go to Italy to play on the Breeze. They told him they didn't need him on that ship and sent him to the ship going to Alaska. Beautiful pics on his facebook by the way. So looks like there are still a few live bands. Have a great cruise.

I have found that they are like banana pudding. There are no bad ones, some are just better than others! By the way we had chocolates on our pillow on the Conquest january, so there is hope!

I have found that they are like banana pudding. There are no bad ones, some are just better than others! By the way we had chocolates on our pillow on the Conquest january, so there is hope!

I love me some nanner puddin! :D

I’m going to Alaska and I’m going to have a blast no matter what happens on the ship. I’ve never been one to let a few minor problems or issues ruin my vacation and I’m not about to start now![/quote]

Love your attitude. You are setting a great example for your family.

I'm with you Frank. Have a great time on your Alaska cruise. We will take our first Carnival cruise in December after many HAL and Princess cruises (plus 1 NCL), and we are really looking forward to a great time. We get to drive to Baltimore to board the ship (so no airport/security, etc. hassles) and we have a great cabin. We are cup half/full kind of people and I am determined not to let the negativity get to me. Hope your Alaska cruise is the best ever:).

I want to thank you for your positive outlook. Lots of us on here are very blessed to be able to vacation.

Be sure to take lots of pictures and if you can post a few :D I'm trying to get my in laws to go on an Alaskan cruise with us!!

Last year I caught myself scanning for chogs, flipflops in the MDR, seat savers at the shows. Things that I wouldn't even have noticed before reading about them here. So I decided not to waste any more of my valuable cruise time worrying about that nonsense.:cool:

I'm so glad I read your post! That's the spirit to anything, but especially any vacation! We are blessed and priviliged to be going to Alaska. Even if there are "hoards" of people, this is still something a lot of people just don't ever get to do, because of health, jobs, money, family, etc. We're going to enjoy being together and doing something special.

Archived