Gluten - wheat intolerant

Blondie008

Before cruising with Costa, I knew little about how "friendly" they were with gluten/wheat free.

So for the benefit of others who search this info:

My experience with them, aboard neoR, was absolutely first class.

Every lunch and dinner in the MDR, I was offered my own menu. I was given every bit as much choice as the main menu, there were of course differences.

The joy in having freshly made gluten free pasta was simply wonderful.

Soups, mains, desserts, without exception, on every night of my eight day cruise I thoroughly enjoyed my food.

I was given gluten free breads, rolls and delicious garlic breads.

To top it all, on my birthday celebration, an entire gluten free birthday cake was prepared for me. All delicious!

FIRST CLASS COSTA!!!

Do let your agent know when you are booking that you are GF - You will fill out a special needs form - it is worth that few minutes to complete and return it.

The ONLY place who were hopeless with the GF, ironically was the a la carte Club restaurant. Not good in there. Chef knew little about GF foods. To a point where after our canapes, we chose to move back to the MDR as both waiter and chef, had little knowledge of GF foods.

That aside, excellent.... good job Costa!!

Not gluten-intolerant myself, but on a recent trip there was a GF woman at my table, who also considered Costa to be the best she'd ever been on. On a trip a few years ago there was a woman with our group who seemed like she was allergic to almost everything edible, the maitre'd was constantly hovering to make sure everything was OK.

Archived