Deck 7 PH3 on Riviera

goldengatecruisers

I see that this topic was covered in regards to Marina a little while back and have reviewed the past threads. So forgive me for any unnecessary repeating. Jim and Stan noted that 7133 was the same size as other PH3 suites in other locations on Marina. Is this still the case with the Riviera? Other Cruise Critic contributors commented that 7133 was indeed narrower than regular PH3 suites. Any further clarification would be greatly appreciated. We were led to believe that 7133 was indeed a standard sized PH3 with no compromise, but with the added benefit of the extended balcony. We have booked 7133 on an upcoming cruise, chosen for the extended balcony as we really enjoy the outside space. Does 7135 have a wrap around balcony. It was hard for me to decipher using the interactive deck plans on Oceania's website. I don't suppose JimandStan have a photo of when they traveled in 7133.

Many thanks for your input and again, sorry if this is repeating previous threads.

Ashley

7128 and 7133 are very close to "normal" PH3 size but have the extended deck; 7130 and 7135 are narrower, but have the extended deck plus the wrap around deck.

You can see the difference in size in this clip:

144714.jpg

Ignore the dotted lines on the deck; they don't represent anything that's visible on the deck.

However, there is one very teensey difference between 7128/7133 and the "normal" PH3 suites on Deck 10. Note the tiny angle cut from the aft inside corner of 7128/7133, compared with the square corners of the PH3's on Deck 10:

144838.jpg

I believe this little bit of corner was "borrrowed" from 7128/7133 to make the entrance to 7130/7133 wide enough. I don't think it will make any difference. Bear in mind that while I have been in 7135, I have NOT been inside 7128/7133, and I have not yet resided in any of them (booked in 7128 on 4/7/2013).

Thank you to both Hondorner and to YoHoHo for sending the link to the previous thread. Actually that was not one that I had seen so the information was, to me, very useful. I appreciate both responses and I am now even more excited about our upcoming cruise. I think the extended balcony will get a lot of use.

Ashley

7128 and 7133 are very close to "normal" PH3 size but have the extended deck; 7130 and 7135 are narrower, but have the extended deck plus the wrap around deck.

You can see the difference in size in this clip:

144714.jpg

Ignore the dotted lines on the deck; they don't represent anything that's visible on the deck.

However, there is one very teensey difference between 7128/7133 and the "normal" PH3 suites on Deck 10. Note the tiny angle cut from the aft inside corner of 7128/7133, compared with the square corners of the PH3's on Deck 10:

144838.jpg

I believe this little bit of corner was "borrrowed" from 7128/7133 to make the entrance to 7130/7133 wide enough. I don't think it will make any difference. Bear in mind that while I have been in 7135, I have NOT been inside 7128/7133, and I have not yet resided in any of them (booked in 7128 on 4/7/2013).

Many thanks! If it is true like you believe, I learned something new. I never noticed that small cut out.

Archived