Crew of Insignia

doreenandfree

I've heard that some of the crew, including senior management, lost their jobs when the Insignia was chartered by Hapag Lloyd. Could Oceania not find jobs for them on the Riviera?

What is your source for this?

An industry insider (not Oceania) was the source. I doubted it and checked news outlets to confirm but have not found anything. It just seemed strange considering that one ship exited the fleet and another, larger ship entered the fleet.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Insignia a couple of years ago and I felt sad knowing that the wonderful officers, staff and crew may have lost their jobs. Let's hope it is just an ugly rumor. I posted here in the hope that someone might know something.

I am certainly not privy to what happened to various people in the crew, and I doubt that there is a way to find out all of the details. From the comments that I have seen at the easy start-up of Riviera, and some comments that personnel from Insignia were moved to Riviera, it does make sense that some/many moved from Insignia to Riviera. There was a time differential, and some may have had some down time, and remember that most of the crew are on specific term contracts.

I've heard that some of the crew, including senior management, lost their jobs when the Insignia was chartered by Hapag Lloyd. Could Oceania not find jobs for them on the Riviera?

I am privy to this information and can state without a doubt that no one lost their jobs!!

Jancruz1

Archived