Anchorage to Seward Transfer

vanrhyn

Hello:

I am thinking about doing this cruise in September.

I enjoy trains and the train transfer seems like fun, but does anyone know what time the train leave anchorage? I would likely fly into Anchorage on the morning of the cruise, and then either take the train or bus to the ship from the airport.

Any information would be appreciated.

Rod

The regular Alaska Railroad leaves at 6:45 a.m. There are several shuttle busses that also go between Anchorage and Seward. We are going to use one that's in the Northern Lights coupon book that leaves at 1 p.m.

DH and I were on the 1 pm train to Seward (but we were in-transit on a collector's cruise on Ryndam).

Ours was a memorable trip since our train was hit by a minivan before we got out of the city limits of Anchorage. This delay and a complication with the scheduling for use of the tracks (since we were late, another train was already headed north on the same track) made us late to Seward. There were others on our train who had to register to board, but we were returning passengers.

Archived